Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Blacksheep

    What do 3- or 4-bay covered hoppers carry...

    I think the show "Dirty Jobs" on Discovery had an episode of the cow grinder thingy. Oooof.
  2. Blacksheep

    What is your age?

    No way, the old one is finally trained. ;)
  3. Blacksheep

    What is your age?

    My back felt 90 all weekend. I really want a new one.
  4. Blacksheep

    Can someone recommend a DCC Set

    ^ Truth is what this one speaks. I bought a MRC Prodigy Express. ehhhhhh.... It works sort of. I got a "great deal" @ $118.00 shipped. But I dont think its very well built, has some pretty cheapo looking parts and from my experience with electronics I don't think it will have a long life...
  5. Blacksheep

    Relocating a Function Button

    ^ Thanks again to both of you, it does help out and I already swapped function buttons with outputs (Still have an issue with getting short blasts of whistle instead of full ones but thats for another time) I can live with the cheat method, it's really nice to have the CV, primary and secondary...
  6. Blacksheep

    Alright, which 6 of you did this?

    Too bad the line here has so many washed out areas, I was thinking about a light weight electric velocipede. :)
  7. Blacksheep

    N scale with DCC

    Please, don't let my challenges and problems discourage you from enjoying one of the greatest attributes to the hobby. I usually let the "simple stuff" beat me. I understand and usually pick up on the more difficult things while I let the easy things kick my butt. These guys here on the...
  8. Blacksheep

    Relocating a Function Button

    AWESOME, as LotoQuestions tried to get me to do, I finally got my Vista to play nice with Decoder Pro so I think I'm in there. And yes, I see what both of you are talking about with the changes and being able to "Cheat" by easily accessing the CV #'s after making changes so that will help...
  9. Blacksheep

    Timber Ore Docks

    LOL, So I guess you guys know about the link. :)
  10. Blacksheep

    Relocating a Function Button

    I was just set to edit my original post when you posted. I found online a QSI manual for my decoder (Walthers N Scale) and found a few things. The manual that came with the locomotive is very vague. Anyway, I found how to set up the different outputs (Whistle/horn, Bell, etc) to turn the...
  11. Blacksheep

    Relocating a Function Button

    I searched the forum and checked a few places on line but I cant find too much about it. I was wondering if its possible to relocate a function to a different unused button. Example: My F2 button has never been "right". Its intermittent so I would like to set up button F5 to perform the...
  12. Blacksheep

    Timber Ore Docks

    Thought I'd throw this link in here as well being that you guys like the Cleavland Cliffs stuff. In the link click "View More" and see how one modeler finished up this resin kit. I noticed these come in both HO and N scale. And yeah, I too like the pea green look...
  13. Blacksheep

    DecoderPro and Indexed CVs - no computer

    I wanted to say thanks again LotoQuestions and you others that offered help with troubleshooting my 2 8 8 2 issues. I'm kinda embarrassed and happy at the same time. Finally had the oppertunity to run down to the LHS and run it on their test track, prepared to purchase a decent DCC unit or new...
  14. Blacksheep

    What is your age?

    My brain tells my body its 18, but my body tells the brain its 80. I'm 43 and pay for the play time the next morning. :)
  15. Blacksheep

    how did you pick a rail line

    I've always had UP since the early 70's as a kid up to now. Probably because of all the trips from Detroit out to Wyoming and watching the long trains running next to I-80 between Laramie and Rock Springs Wyoming. But now I don't have a layout and I'm going to make a change this next go...
  16. Blacksheep

    DecoderPro and Indexed CVs - no computer

    The light bulb just started flicker'n. :) Thanks for all your help Ken, Andy
  17. Blacksheep

    N scale with DCC

    ^ Thanks again! I'm doing just as you suggested right now. I'll let you guys know as soon as I can get my peanut to understand some of this. :)
  18. Blacksheep

    N scale with DCC

    Hold The Phone......... After reading several links suggested in this thread and researching until my eyes bugged out, using my electrical skills, track gauges, testing continuity on all drivers/pickups/wires/plugs etc...... I think I found the issue. Let me describe in a little better detail...
  19. Blacksheep

    N scale with DCC

    Arrhhhggggg. It figures, I think it needs to go back to the factory. I remembered that this unit will also run on DC so I hooked it up on a different test track with a decent MRC unit. Same jerky stuttering outcome. I double checked and reset the Decoder to "factory", tried a new piece of...
  20. Blacksheep

    N scale with DCC

    You guys both mentioned something I overlooked. I did re set the decoder, I think a while after that is when I noticed the jerky-ness. I'll try those CV settings right after I return from standing in line at my favorite State run agency. Woot. Thanks guys!!




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top