ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
-
havent gotten the book yet, spent soo much time looking at engines and track that I totally forgot about it. will make another trip out and make sure I grab it first thing... kinda hard cause they have then N scale engines and stuff right next to the door lol
halleleuja for tax season! lol...
-
after messing with RTS for hours this is what I have... im sure there will be a few versions before Im finally done but for now not sure what else I can improve on.
grey area on the left will be elevated, along with the track climbing on top.
now that I think about it, will kinda suck...
-
also a newb, thanks for the clarification
man some of those pics of that system makes the tracks look like home fries and waffles lol
-
where the heck is the track library in x-track
-
fyi, anyrail demo has a 50 item limit... haha, now to start over on another program
-
I have tried 2 so far:
AnyRail
Right Track
I like anyrail better, tho Im using the demo. Right Track is free
right track isnt available for mac, and dont think anyrail is either, or its not listed just says windows
-
so went to caboose, just took my time walking thru the entire store. started in the back, for those who have been there, so I didnt see the N gauge stuff until the end and realized 2 things.. 1- wow those things are tiny, and 2- I better find a company/paint i like cause theres NO way im...
-
yeah Im out in commerce city :D
-
the w/d are stacked so not able to put anything over it. so the size listed is the remaining space along that wall. bringing the table wider would put me out in the way of the back door, but wouldnt matter since it would be too far for me to reach anyway, so was thinking, if I found or made a...
-
sooo much to learn lol, different scale gauges, different track sizes, different ways to lay them down....
never thought of having an extension that would be moveable to go under the main. the size of it now brings it wall to wall (the room is longer than 100" but the washer/dryer are also...
-
yeah i was just messing around with it as well, got the link from a post I was reading by another member... um... tank something
forgot about the reach, and since its a pretty small area wont be making access holes, or whatever they're called, Ill shrink it down to 30". Ill be sticking with...
-
so been looking thru the forums, still mostly lost lol but figured I have to start somewhere. measured the area where Im planning on setting up, its about 100"x32". planning on using N scale tho im not opposed to using HO. figured I'd get more options and be able to put more down if I used...
-
love the pics as you work
dont even know where to start on planning my first layout, but this definitely doesnt look like your first attempt :) dont even know what half that stuff you used to make what you have so far is
-
went thru layouts and saw a link to this page http://www.cke1st.com/m_train2.htm
i like a few of the layouts on the 78x30" door size section. I know I would like to have a turntable and an area for just yard switching which the description on the first one hits right on the head. turntable...
-
you guys have tons of patience...
i could never sit and try to replicate a real engine, i'd loose my mind. im still new tho so just setting it up is challenge right now. im guessing after a while you start getting into the nitty gritty and peronalizing everything on your table
-
was thinking N because of size. I have a decent sized room, however the washing machine is there, and double doors to get to the backyard which I know the others wouldnt like me blocking, permanently anyway. picking a layout seems to be the hardest choice, then followed by what era I'd like it...
-
been a while since I been on the forums.
well any of the engines and what not mentioned before are long gone lol, fiance's kids ended up just playing with them, i didnt end up doing anything with them anyway so figured they could have them.
recently moved into a house, have an extra room and...
-
sweet, thanks for the idea. could just setup a turntable or two, few roundhouses, etc... not sure how museums are setup, Ill do a search online, just for some ideas
-
I've been looking around, being new here and all, at layouts, setups, etc... and the only thing that interests me are the engines. Was just wondering how many people just collect the engines. I was thinking about maybe just having a little track setup for if I ever wanted to just see them in...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)