Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. H

    Rock Island Lines Silvis shops

    This is a pic of the original Railroad shop in Rock Island
  2. H

    Ding Ding

    Finished it up today with the original double action ringer.
  3. H

    Another styofoam ?

    For my layout I built the base out of 1/4 plywood then glued down foam and sanded in the building pads and landscape, drainage ditches, exc... next applied drywall mud to bend the foam layers and formations together then sanded , smoothed and painted.
  4. H

    Railroad tunes

    Try this one . YouTube seems to be slowly removing songs with the artist name in the heading. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olf7Ibtg1lM
  5. H

    battery powered engine

    Great idea kenw I don't know why I never thought of that. I guess because I got a new one of these cleaning cars an it is so heavy it almost needs a DD40 to pull it.
  6. H

    Scratch build chain link fence

    How about some metal door screen material ?
  7. H

    lubrication for locomotives

    All I know I just a drop will do. We put a little extra on one time and the engine couldn't even get make it around the track and it must have took a week to get it all cleaned and dried up.
  8. H

    battery powered engine

    I have looked on ebay now and then but i have not seen any. The main line on my layout needs a good cleaning and regular HO engines loose contact and keep stalling.
  9. H

    battery powered engine

    Does anybody seen a good quality HO scale battery powered engine?
  10. H

    Railroad tunes

    Lets hear some of your favorites:) here is a couple of mine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nePLDeLViQE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWgjL2mH2po
  11. H

    Wow

    Hope nobody was standing under that bridge.
  12. H

    Rock Island Lines Silvis shops

    No, not really Maybe a phone number since we have worked for them in the past and one guy who restores collectable cars in the main shop for the owner. Nrex is also used around here sometimes by BNSF I heard they were leased units.
  13. H

    Rock Island Rocket

    I found Squadron green & white on ebay :) thanks for the help.
  14. H

    Rock Island Lines Silvis shops

    I will show the pics I have as I find them. This is a picture behind the main shop. this place is now a locomotive junk yard and rebuilds old engines.
  15. H

    Rock Island Rocket

    A friend of mine was moving and was throwing this out a protype he had just molded and I cought it before it hit the can.:) It needs some work, some filling and sanding. What do you use to fill an sand some kind of sandible plastic filler?
  16. H

    Ding Ding

    LOL !! I got this for an old retired railroad man an that is what he used it for.
  17. H

    Ding Ding

    Showing off an old Howard bell I am rebuilding
  18. H

    FishTank car

    Does anybody know if one of these were produced in HO scale?
  19. H

    Rock Island Lines Silvis shops

    Thanks Attaboy nice pics. I am modeling a railroad shop I am also looking for pics of the transfer table, and the ramp area of the shop.
  20. H

    Just blowing the dust off

    I had my own RR building in the middle if the Silvis shops for 10 years I found an old pic. I started building a layout of the shops and yard until I found it was going to take a lot more space




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top