Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. S

    Model Railroading and New Technology

    jmri is an open source project, got an itch to make it better whip out a text editor and start banging away on the code..
  2. S

    Model Railroading and New Technology

    so setup jmri on a computer, connect it to which ever dcc command station you prefer and download the free app for your iphone or android device as you wish... It's all out there and except for the dcc interface mostly free.
  3. S

    How Many Couplers?? ;)

    can I say 225
  4. S

    Chicago rail system

    I like to get the $5 dollar pass on weekends and just ride all over metra every once in a while.
  5. S

    question about painting handrails

    I'm not entirely sure I could paint the rails without getting dark paint on the bright orange.
  6. S

    non-graphical layout design software

    Dude, that's awesome... any chance you feel like sharing the program? Jason AKA Linux junky
  7. S

    question about painting handrails

    thanks for the tip on the drill bit. I wasn't sure how small of a bit I would need to do that with.
  8. S

    question about painting handrails

    Thanks, I'll give that a try..
  9. S

    question about painting handrails

    I just recently got a Athearn bluebox sw1500 that has come with metal railings in pieces. I need some advice on painting the railings. Is it easier to put them on the loco and then paint them, or paint them before I put them on the engine. Since the railing posts are separate from the rail...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top