ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
I
lets see;
cons: butt-ass ugly coupler
blueish white leds when better white leds are available
non dcc standard
over-priced
pros: NONE
-
I
Spend $200.00 plus for a unit and need to replace the decoder? MTH units are not NMRA dcc standard.
-
I
I have experienced this same in a Kato SD40-2 ho scale unit. I replaced the Digitrax decoder with a NCE decoder and the unit runs like a watch. Needles to say, thats the last Digitrax decoder I will buy.
-
I
MTH ho engines. Seems that their overpriced units do not follow the NMRA dcc standard.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)