Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. scoobydo

    MTH HO 4-8-4 problem

    I tried something that should not have worked, but it seems to be working fine currently. I placed the train on the track with power, but did not turn it on. (F3) I left it there for about an hour and then tried it and it seemed to work fine. I know O guage trains have batteries, but I did...
  2. scoobydo

    MTH HO 4-8-4 problem

    Definitely. That is the first thing I tried. It seems to go into this mode kind of randomly. Today, I took it off the track to take a look at it once again. When I put it back, it went to working like normal. About an hour later it started up again with the hiccups.
  3. scoobydo

    MTH HO 4-8-4 problem

    I have the 4-8-4 American Freedom Train (80-3119-1) from MTH and have been having some problems with it. It has began to lose the chuffing sound and speed control functions. It will begin to creep around the track accelerating and decelerating in a jerking motion. The speed will be the same...
  4. scoobydo

    Rapido Open Letter in the new MR Magazine

    I was under the impression that the pre-orders were just a gauge to see the ballpark of actual models made. For instance, if there was 200 pre-orders, then they would make say 225 or so models. Maybe I'm wrong, because I have also heard that some companies only make the pre-order amount. I can...
  5. scoobydo

    The Ideal Model Railroad Store

    I'm a modernist. I would say that they should have a huge stock room with a lot of stock. A few computer terminals with everything the carry on them. This way, they could still have lots of display cases and product out, but plenty of other stuff neatly packed away. I hate going into shops...
  6. scoobydo

    Rapido Open Letter in the new MR Magazine

    I suppose my only concern is that you do not know what you are going to get like it has been mentioned. Obviously, companies have reputations and some are better than others, but until you have that item in hand, its a toss up. I'm also very fickle when it comes to engines. One month I'm...
  7. scoobydo

    Rapido Open Letter in the new MR Magazine

    I just got my copy of the new MR for April and it had an interesting letter about the state of Pre-Ordering in the train industry. I am one who disliked the whole pre-order system, but the letter was pretty well written and definitely made me think about the smaller companies. I still think...
  8. scoobydo

    Athearn Evo Series

    I know Athearn bought the Tower 55 tooling for the Evo's and Sd70's back in 2008. Anybody heard when they plan on releasing the ES44's? The intermountain ones look nice, but I would like to see a Genesis Evo.
  9. scoobydo

    Mth sd70m-2

    Great! That is exactly how my engines are. I guess the Ace's lights do not go off at 0 throttle and the M-2's do. Good to know, Thank You for confirming.
  10. scoobydo

    Mth sd70m-2

    Does the CSX have rear ditch lights? Strange that the BNSF lights do not go off at idle. I was running both today and that was the difference I saw in both. Now I wonder if there is something wrong with the BNSF? I will have to put my UP on the track and check that one. I wonder if it is...
  11. scoobydo

    Mth sd70m-2

    Great, please let me know! BTW, what do you think of yours? I was kinda happy with mine. Not as bright and bold as my BNSF or UP ones but my son wanted to model a NS coal train.
  12. scoobydo

    Mth sd70m-2

    Just picked up a NS version of this train. I have a few of the MTH ACe's. First thing I noticed was that it has front and rear ditch lights, pretty cool. (yeah, they are huge, but still cool.) I had a question about the ditch light operation. My Ace units ditch lights stay on when...
  13. scoobydo

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    I would have to agree with you in that respect. It does seem like they cater heavily to their DCS. However, like I mentioned, my 4 year old doesn't know the difference between DCS, DCC or his ABC's for that matter!:eek: LOL I should mention that I am running this engine DC with the MRC...
  14. scoobydo

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Going back to the original reason this post was made. I have the BNSF 9370 and my 4 year old son and I really enjoy it. I have several other companies like BL and Athearn. I enjoy them all. The new SD70ACe's are really nice. My son loves them and we own several. I have a few of the...
  15. scoobydo

    Kato Maxi IV Well Cars

    The KATO BNSF ones come with the cross logo. How long was that used? Meaning, what time period does that put these Maxi IV's at? What does BNSF currently use? I have not seen any well cars with the swoop logo.
  16. scoobydo

    Kato Maxi IV Well Cars

    Sent you an e-mail, please let me know. Thanks!
  17. scoobydo

    Kato Maxi IV Well Cars

    You got me at a bad time as far as money goes. If your willing to let one of them go, I will take it. I understand if you want to get rid of them as a set of 3.
  18. scoobydo

    Kato Maxi IV Well Cars

    I thought there was only two sets coming out for the TTX? KATO HO #'s 30-9017 30-9018 If it is these, let me know how much you want for them.
  19. scoobydo

    Kato Maxi IV Well Cars

    Are the TTX ones out already? Those are the ones I really wanted. Are they available anywhere still.
  20. scoobydo

    Kato Maxi IV Well Cars

    That's great Thank You! I will definitely pick up a couple then.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top