Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. scoobydo

    Intermountain ES44AC Fantasy locomotives

    Yeah, I missed the boat on them as It has been a crazy year at work and I had a move. I still have a shot at the DC versions since they have been delayed, but I really wanted some Ferromex and UP versions. I would love some fantasy trains to hit the market, but I guess that is why they make...
  2. scoobydo

    Intermountain ES44AC Fantasy locomotives

    I ordered: UP 1996 SP Heritage with sound. And Norfolk & Western (J Class Scheme) #6044 with sound (to go behind my J Class #604) Also Southern Pacific #4449ES (Freedom Daylight Scheme) I will also take Cemex #81 (not fantasy, but I cant afford the Overland versions!!)
  3. scoobydo

    Photo retouching?

    Now this is the way we should be photographing our trains. Its called Elgin Park http://theawesomer.com/elgin-park/96501/ Click on the Picture to the left above the Elgin Park title. There is a set of 6 pictures. Picture number 6 says it all. I wish I had 1/10th of his photo skills.
  4. scoobydo

    Model Railroading and New Technology

    RotorRanch: You suggested using your phone to control your track from 1500 miles away and then suggested I try Virtual layouts. That Is what I meant by missing the point of my post as it was geared toward the throttle aspect of the hobby. However, I do understand where you are coming from...
  5. scoobydo

    Model Railroading and New Technology

    First I have heard of WiThrottle, Thank You! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2z6QfBqcBo Looks exactly what I am looking for. Like you said, not the slickest looking app, but I hope they will continue to develop it. It looks like JMRI supports many TIU's. Did you find the Digitrax to be the...
  6. scoobydo

    Model Railroading and New Technology

    Your completely missing the point Rotorranch. Phones nowadays are not phones. They are mini computers in which you can make calls. Heck, I rarely use mine for calls. Mostly e-mail and running applications, just like a computer. What I meant from running it from your phone is that you can use...
  7. scoobydo

    Model Railroading and New Technology

    I was browsing around an online dealer and I saw this under throttles. http://www.ringengineering.com/ Its called RailPro. Its a wireless controller with a touch screen. Now this has real promise as far as premise. Too bad it will fail. The unit requires using a $99 proprietary decoder...
  8. scoobydo

    Model Railroading and New Technology

    Great Comment, thanks Willis. You make a lot of interesting points.
  9. scoobydo

    Model Railroading and New Technology

    He's using the MRC Prodigy Advanced software, which I mentioned was the best out their currently. My comments are not that they are NOT out there. As with MRC, you can see that it is clearly out there. My comments are to the point that they are not where they should be. (meaning farther...
  10. scoobydo

    Model Railroading and New Technology

    I have done that. I was pointing out that those that are out there are very sub-par from what they should be. We are slowly getting there, my point is that we are SLOWLY getting there. I would bet that if there were some Apple programmers in Cupertino CA out there that were hardcore model...
  11. scoobydo

    Model Railroading and New Technology

    This has nothing to do with the actual hobby of model railroading. As a matter of fact, nothing would change from the aspect of the locos, decoders and layout. My post has everything to do with what you hold in your hand to control your layout. One can stick with their "Zenith" Remote if they...
  12. scoobydo

    MTH Ho Trains

    90 Days!!! forget that. Just send it to an authorized service center. You should have that back in two-three weeks tops.
  13. scoobydo

    Model Railroading and New Technology

    When will model railroading get out of the stone ages and start using today's technology? We should be using ipad's and laptops as our controllers by now, but instead we have all these systems and controllers that remind me of 1980's style cell phones. With devices like the IPad, and Android...
  14. scoobydo

    MTH Ho Trains

    That was great! Thank You!
  15. scoobydo

    MTH Ho Trains

    I also got the 8-car "Southern Pacific Lines Version". Both the cars and the Engine are still new in boxes waiting to be gifted to my son. I already know what to expect on the Engine as he has the Freedom Daylight Version, But I know nothing about the cars. From the box, and what I could see...
  16. scoobydo

    Athearn Coupler Cover Plate Trick?

    I was actually thinking of using Kadee. I have some #158's on order and a few of the boxes. Good to know about the weight, I will check the diagram to see if it shows anything. Thanks!
  17. scoobydo

    Athearn Coupler Cover Plate Trick?

    Yes, this is HO scale. This is what I did, but the side walls just collapsed on some of them. I see they provide the parts for them, so it should not be a big deal to replace them, but I was definitely surprised to see that. I have several newer Athearn cars that have a two-piece undercarriage...
  18. scoobydo

    Athearn Coupler Cover Plate Trick?

    Ok, so I have changed many couplers, but I just changed some that really got me crazy. My son has an Athearn 75458 PFE set of reefers. Well, my son accidentally knocked his train of the rails and all 5 of the cars suffered broken couplers. No big deal right? These are the style where the...
  19. scoobydo

    Bachmann HO - DCC / I want sound now

    I just did the exact same setup, albeit to my Spectrum Steamer 2-6-6-2. However, The setup is the same. Just like you mentioned and in the order you said. Just make sure to only trim the purple shrink wrap on your decoder on the end. If you trim it all off, it voids the warranty on the decoder...
  20. scoobydo

    MTH Ho Trains

    I had a problem with my MTH and sent it to an authorized service center (not an HO, this was an O). I'm in CA and the store I like is on the East Coast who is the service center. I had my Loco back in working order in about 9 days. Most of that was shipping time. MTH told me they would take...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top