ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
J
HO guage. The dogbone might be a very good option. I might be able to go about 84 inches deep on one end and 36 inches wide. Kind of this [_ shape.
-
J
I'v been sitting here contemplating my upcoming layout and my size constraints. I can go 60 inches wide and about 11 feet long and I know that 60 inches is too far to reach across. My question is whats the minimum width that I need to make my cutout in the middle? If I make it 24 inches, that...
-
J
Just wondering if anyone uses the spray foam for touch up work or crack filling in their layouts? I know that it comes in varying degrees of expansion which might come in handy for modeling work in mountain scenery, bridge abutments, ect.
-
J
Very nice work Josh!! I'm a FORD fan from birth I guess and have several books written about the history of the auto maker. One is about the River Rouge plant and its got some great photos from vacant land to completion. Keep the photos coming!!!
-
J
Chip-n-seal here in SW MO.
-
J
Well I've been trying to decide what timeframe I am going to build in HO scale and it sure isn't as easy as I thought it would be. I have several favorites so to speak, I love the scenery options of the Rocky Mountains back in the teens, or the hustle and bustle of a bigger city like St. Louis...
-
J
Tell you what Rico, when your tired of that temporary trestle, just box it up and send it my way, as I'm sure I could find a permanent place on my layout!! Great job my friend.
-
J
One more question, I see some called #10's, #5's, whats that term mean?
-
J
I think I'd rather paint the wall.:D
-
-
J
Just to be clear for a newb, a turnout and a switch are one in the same?
-
J
So ONE switch cost a couple hundred bucks!? Guess things have gotten much more expensive since I last had a model train back in the mid-late 70's.
-
J
Just wondering, I've got access to several fairly large sheets that were old political campaign signs, prolly 3X5 or so and was wondering if these would have any use on the RR?
-
J
I cant see the pics, only red x's. How can I fix tihs?
-
J
Thats what my shop is insulated with. The foil backing will tear off very easily if needed. Not sure if it would be any better then the pink or blue stuff as I've not used any of these products yet for scenery purposes, however the foil backed stuff might be easier to color as its already sort...
-
J
So its too small for rocks and too large for ballast. Hmmn. Oh Chevelle, my screen name on some other sites is 69supercj.
-
J
Dang Bernie, thats great. Good job and thanks for sharing.
-
J
You might check with an auto parts store or say Grainger. Walnut shells are used extensively in the auto restoration hobby to remove paint and light rust from metal. Not sure of the size of the media though, the blasting stuff might be too large.
-
J
I've been wondering the same, as I'm returning to the hobby after 35 or so years away and back then it was just a flat piece of 4x8 plywood with a modified oval and 3 or 4 switches. Nothing else.
-
J
Speaking of bridges and water, has anyone ever tried using real water and a pump to make a nice creek/river scene or should the whole water/electricity thing come into play?
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)