Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. H

    CN Dash 9 project

    Yes...I will add yellow paint on the step kick plates and bottom step edge.
  2. H

    CN Dash 9 project

    Thanks for your comments ! Merci pour les commentaires ! :)
  3. H

    CN Dash 9 project

    Progress made so far: I glued the cab windows made from .020" clear polyester sheet, I also installed the Kaslo cab interior details, ditch light bulbs and wire, brake wheel. The following parts will be installed soon : exhaust stack, horn, MU receptacles, MU hoses, air hoses, coupler cut...
  4. H

    OK layout for my room time again.

    Just to advise that Walthers recommend 24" minimum radius for their Gold Line 86' dbl door boxcars. I run mine on 22" but the wheels are touching the frame. I assume long cars like center beam flatcars or enclosed auto-racks will have the same issues on 22". Not sure if you want to run those...
  5. H

    CN Dash 9 project

    Here is a better picture. I don't like the glossy appearance of Model Master and Model Flex paints. I think Polly scale would have been a better choice. The whole thing will look much better with dull coat.
  6. H

    CN Dash 9 project

    Today progress. I painted and installed handrails and hoses clusters and a lot of paint touch up all over the model ! I add to cut the left handrail and install a brace. To do next: exhaust stack, MU hose and receptacle, coupler cut levers, sunshades, brake wheel, etc.
  7. H

    CN Dash 9 project

    The yellow sill stripe is made from decals found on the Microscale set 87-746. Yes, I drilled holes using a pin vise and glued the grab irons with "Pledge with Future" acrylic floor finish. I glued larger detail parts with Goo or formula 560 canopy glue.
  8. H

    CN Dash 9 project

    Here is some of the work I've done today. Now, the model really start to look like the real thing !!!
  9. H

    CN Dash 9 project

    Here with road numbers and grab irons.
  10. H

    CN Dash 9 project

    Here is some pics of my CN Dash 9 project. This is a modified Athearn C-44 shell with Kaslo resin wide cab. I modified the steps and anticlimbers so it look more like the real thing. I painted the model with Model Master chevy engine red and model flex engine black and I applied Microscale...
  11. H

    My 4 x 8 layout

    Here it is
  12. H

    My 4 x 8 layout

    Yes, I will fill the gap with foam blocks then I will glue small sections of roadbed on top. I won't use my modified Micro-engineering flex-tracks as bridge tracks since fitting a brace on short ties won't look good to my taste. Instead, I decided to use Central Valley styrene bridge ties...
  13. H

    My 4 x 8 layout

    Some pictures of my new truss bridge and piers.
  14. H

    progress so far

    Nice layout, I really like your scenery !
  15. H

    My 4 x 8 layout

    I decided to follow Jim's suggestion and install a thru truss bridge instead of deck trusses. I got a set of Chooch piers and ordred a Walthers double track truss bridge. The bridge tracks are modified ME flex tracks with extra ties insterted in between the standard ties. I will install code 70...
  16. H

    My 4 x 8 layout

    Good idea. I will kitbash a couple of Atlas bridge kit in order to add inverted trusses in each end and also one in the center section and then I will make new piers so the whole structure will sit on the bottom rather than on the top. Thanks
  17. H

    My 4 x 8 layout

    Jim, You're right about the scenery work in the creek, I will have to be imaginative to get the most of this tight space. However, as you can see in the attached real life pictures, deck truss bridges can be very close to the stream ;) Dom
  18. H

    My 4 x 8 layout

    Some progress and modifications to the original design. I added bridges and I will model a small creek. I'm planning to enlarge the table with an extra 3-inch space all around the perimeter to get a better appearance.
  19. H

    CN GP40-2LW Kitbash

    Thanks for the info about railflyer detail parts. Thats really what I need to get an accurate model. However, I will not invest more money in this current Athearn model. This is my first kitbash and I made too many mistake for my taste so I prefer to build a future GP-40 2W on an Atlas frame and...
  20. H

    CN GP40-2LW Kitbash

    I made some more modifications to the GE steps and pilot so it can now fit over an Athearn frame and coupler. I noticed the bottom step is way to close to the track compared to the real loco. Not much I can do other than to shorten the height of the pilot by reducing the space on the last step...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top