Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. H

    Electric lock switches (Details West Interlocking switch)

    I'm searching for photo or drawing of modern-era electric lock switch configuration for use on CTC controlled siding. There is an instruction drawing included in the Details West package showing how to arrange the parts (switch stand, junction box, actuator, telephone, etc) but I'm not sure this...
  2. H

    4x8 HO layout... recommendations?

    If you need ideas, here is my thread on the construction of a modified version of the Atlas Great Eastern Trunk layout : http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11227
  3. H

    My 4 x 8 layout

    After several months of train building inactivity I decided to resume work on my layout and I started the wiring part (DC operation). So far I have installed 9 Atlas under the table switch machines and 11 isolated blocks. I will need 7 more switch to finish it all. The connector blocks...
  4. H

    My 4 x 8 layout

    This is my second attempt in modeling a train layout. As a kid, I started to build the original Great Eastern Trunk from the Atlas book but it did not went very far. I got discouraged and didn't have the money anyway. Then, I build plastic airplane and later R/C airplanes from plans. My...
  5. H

    CN GP40-2LW Kitbash

    forgot the ditch lights (I will install bulbs later to make them operational).
  6. H

    CN GP40-2LW Kitbash

    New details added : Bell, horn and antenna, sunshades, front coupler cut lever and more fuel tank details.
  7. H

    My 4 x 8 layout

    The center-to-center spacing of the tracks on my Walthers bridge is 2-3/16". I used Plaid Modge Podge Gloss for my water and it worked very well. This thing is quite thick so it does not run off too much. I sealed the side of my table with duct tape and voilà !! I will use Gloss medium...
  8. H

    My 4 x 8 layout

    Yes, it will be a mix of switching and mainline running. I will just have to figure out how to plan the industries and operate my trains. I was thinking of a grain elevator and a warehouse as my first structures. Actually, the track are mounted on a standard 4 x 8 table, then I decided to...
  9. H

    My 4 x 8 layout

    redwine My track plan is a modified version of the Great Eastern Trunk 4' x 8' layout shown in the book "Seven Step-by-Step HO Railroad" from Atlas. My modified plan still fit on a 4 x 8 but tracks were too close to the border so I enlarged my table to 55" x 103". Now I have plenty of space...
  10. H

    My 4 x 8 layout

    I replaced the 100 watt bulb over my workplace with a fluorescent lightning fixture, now I can see what I'm doing on my layout and I can take better pictures of my work ! Here is some pics of the almost complete bridge. Still need to add center tracks re-enforcement and weathering.
  11. H

    CN GP40-2LW Kitbash

    I installed the snow plow (Details West # PL-257) and air tank set (Details West # AT-304).
  12. H

    Atlas' GP40-2w pics are up...

    gtwhogger, thanks for the clarification.
  13. H

    My 4 x 8 layout

    I finished the painting of the rocks and basic scenic for the creek. I used a mix of real dirt, small rocks and turf. When the scenic cement will be dry, I will ready to apply the gloss medium in the river bed.
  14. H

    CN GP40-2LW Kitbash

    Yes, I will add more details soon. Ccool you have a good point about modelers who don't want to modify locomotives and personaly I can live with unaccurate models as long as they look good and they are not too high priced. It is very difficult to have a true and accurate model to the...
  15. H

    CN GP40-2LW Kitbash

    iomalley your widecab is perfect !!! :rolleyes: Everything look like to be the correct size, its very accurate !!! I wish one day someone will sell resin molded steps and pilot kit for the GP-40-2LW !
  16. H

    Atlas' GP40-2w pics are up...

    Found a picture here http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=55655&nseq=2 These are two GF-430 but the the "d" model on the left seem to have a longer cab nose. Not sure if this is an illusion or a camera issue. Please no uploading or displaying Copyrighted photos on the forums unless...
  17. H

    CN GP40-2LW Kitbash

    ...my CN fleet !
  18. H

    CN GP40-2LW Kitbash

    Here is some pics with grab irons and lift ring. This Dash 2W project was fun to do, it was a personal challenge and even with some innacuracies here and there, the overall look of the model is better than I first tought it would be. I still have more detail parts to install before...
  19. H

    CN GP40-2LW Kitbash

    I know, I hope Atlas will do something about it but the Detail Associates cab I used for this project as something wrong too, I should have used a Railflyer or Kaslo cab instead. To keep things simple I will use a set of Athearn RTR plastic handrail, they look better than the old blue box...
  20. H

    CN GP40-2LW Kitbash

    The fun part ! I started applying decals today !




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top