Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Ho track cleaning cars I've been looking at Model Railroader magazine for the first time in a long time. There are several "track cleaning car" products for HO gauge, does anyone have any experience with any? Can anyone recommend one that works?
  2. B

    HO Car Derailments

    More power! That is a PERFECT excuse, to convince my better half, that I need new, bigger and more powerful engines! In the attached photo, this was the reason for needing TWO GP35's!!
  3. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Uneven corner fix The uneven corner was really a low spot on the outer track. It was the middle of three supports that was too low. The first two photos show how the plywood sprung UPWARD after removing the screws. I then installed two shims, one on the middle and third support. The approximate...
  4. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Triton T2-550 Walmart had a decent one for about $25.00, but two stores I visited were out of stock. I found this one Online and ordered it. http://www.northshorecare.com/search.asp?keyword=7400&search=Find%21
  5. B

    HO Car Derailments

    One corner of table uneven I found another construction problem, one of the corners are uneven; I plan to remove the track, unscrew it and install a shim. The SD40 only derailed on that corner and helped me see what the problem was. Then on the next trip to Walmart, we will get a digital...
  6. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Another Problem Solved Live and learn, after Running Bear stated what he was running, I took the two TYCO GP35's out of the box and tried them again. The front truck's, front axle would occasionally derail on the 18 inch radius curves. I had incorrectly surmised that they were too long for the...
  7. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Adding Weight - Dramatic Improvement I cut three piece of steel, 5 1/2 inches long and installed them in the forty foot Athearn box cars. The improvement was immediate and dramatic, not ONE derailment in over a hour of running. I think now they are probably a little too heavy, I had to add a...
  8. B

    HO Car Derailments

    ..................a headache yet? :p I don't have a headache yet, but would very much like to know what language you are speaking? I replaced all the horn couplers with Kadee. Now that I have an idea what you need to see, I will take some close-up digital pictures and post them with my next...
  9. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Replaced original wheels Long ago, I replaced ALL the stock wheel, with non-magnetic ones
  10. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Kadee 504 Thank you all for your timely responses, it is very much appreciated; I will do anything necessary to reduce or eliminate this problem. There is no specific location or time frame for the derailments, if there was I could probably find the problem; these derailments are...
  11. B

    HO Car Derailments

    I am fairly new at this hobby. At my present stage of life, I now have the time and would like to really get into it during the winter months. I built my present 4x12 layout about 8 years ago. I want to finish it by adding buildings and scenery, but I'm the type that can't get to this fun part...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top