Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Did you ever own a MTH DCS system?
  2. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Info gathering stage I appreciate all replies and information. I also have read that these MTH locomotives couldn't have there addresses changed, I found that not to be the case. I should hear back from MTH before I purchase the DCS unit. According to their ads running other DCC equipment isn't...
  3. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    More Information Please Your assuming I know what "LHS" stands for? When I Googled it, mostly High Schools came up?
  4. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Thanks for the info ...............July is very hot there but the buildings are air conditioned. I usually go in the spring and fall when the temps are better but any time of year is good. Thank you for the information. We live in Florida where it's hot, we have been escaping the SUMMER...
  5. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Point taken AND understood Thank you, that is something I have thought about. I'm selling the first system I purchased, but I'm holding on to the Prodigy Advance2. If you look at the attached photo, until the superiority of the new MTH locomotive appeared, I had the Command 2000 AND the...
  6. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    To Each His Own In my post I ask if any DC'ers were interested in DCC. The Command 2000 is twelve years old and for sale for $50 dollars plus postage; if necessary. To upgrade from DC to DCC can be expensive. $50 for a older DCC system that was used very little and is in perfect condition...
  7. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Thank you Santa! I received my second MTH SD70ACe BNSF (#9371) locomotive yesterday. If having one was good having two is GREAT! To answer a previous question, I am unable to "consist" these two locomotive together, or with any other locomotive on my roster. I have contacted MTH's technical...
  8. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    THIRD Mainline Right now I can get 4 good size trains on the layout's two main lines at one time. This scenario leaves two more trains in the yard. I began to think it would be very nice to have another main line, one long enough for possibly 3 addition trains; making a total of 7 trains...
  9. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Camera "Macro" setting Most digital cameras have a "Macro" setting, it's for taking close-up photos. Take a look at the two attached photos, taken with and without the Macro setting.
  10. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    De Ja Vue Most of your questions I can't answer yet, I just got the locomotive. In 1980 I received my first Atlas locomotive. It ran circles around all the cheap Tyco units I had; I couldn't beleive how much more this locomotive could do. Now in 2009, it's the same thing all over again. In MY...
  11. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    I can only to speak to what is mine I'm saying no such thing, ALL "I" can speak to is to what is MINE; this MHT product has worked flawlessly since I first put it on the track. In MY opinion, this locomotive is the best thing to hit HO since the introduction of DCC. All of the other top...
  12. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    No Such Problem with mine The couplers on this locomotive open and close by remote control (function #7 is front, #8 rear) on my DCC controller. When I back this MTH into any of my freight cars, it is usually coupling to a #5 Kadee coupler. I NEVER go faster than 1 (scale) MPH to have them hook...
  13. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    MTH, Thank you for getting into HO diesels! I only touched on a couple of the differences between this any ANY of my Kato, Walthers, Atlas or Ahearn engines. This locomotive does it much better than any of them could and they did ALL this for less than $10.00; that is what I call VALUE! One...
  14. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    I pre-ordered this locomotive in April of 2009. In the nine months it took it to finally get here, I almost canceled it twice. But now that it finally arrived, all I can say is "WOW;" I am so very glad I didn't cancel, it definitely was worth the wait! The only other sound locomotive I have to...
  15. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    1st New Yard Track Installed (Done)! The first new storage track has been installed. I made the arc of the half-circle as wide as possible; it's somewhere between a 22" and 18" radius. I know I can get one more inside, but after that I'm going to have to figure something else out. To accomplish...
  16. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Welcome West bound Freight! In photo 1 you can see that trains on the new Mainline section, after taking the "A & D" siding, now have the second option to take the "bypass" siding. In photos 2 and 3 notice I employed a new "Pier-Girder" for the addition NEW nine inches of the layout. Luckily I...
  17. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Side Benefit ...........and NOW the two braces don't look too much like overkill!!
  18. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    "Room" for Improvement After my last post a little light when off in my head, if you need more space and are short on room for the new space, "add the minimum!" Realizing this, all I needed was an additional 9 inches. If it weren't a holiday, I would have just went and purchased the clear pine...
  19. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    New addition MAY be a little too short After checking out all my trestle options I decided to cut. After installing track and roadbed I quickly realized I might need a little more room for the additional tracks, for new yard section; the problem can be seen in photo 4. In this photo, when...
  20. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Trestle OR Land Elevation In the attached two photos I have the "Mainline to Yard track" laid out and marked. If anyone would care to comment BEFORE I cut, I would appreciate different ideas on how to make the height transition; 2 1/8 inches over a four foot length?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top