Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Unfortunately not, I have to order 99.9 percent of my model railroad supplies Online.
  2. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Tiny Drill Bits Living in Florida is has been almost impossible to find a SINGLE drill bit smaller than size 60; I always had to order them Online. The problem when ordered single small bit us usually the "shipping charges." It's usually about $2.50 per bit, with a substantial shipping charge...
  3. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Didn't Take Handout It is my understanding that FORD is the ONLY automaker that DIDN'T take a loan from the Fed?
  4. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Smaller Photos If your running Windows XP in your home computer, Microsoft offers a FREE download to resize (reduce) digital photos; the smallest size of the three choices is the PERFECT size for Internet Forum Posts and Email. Once installed, whenever you RIGHT click a digital photo, you will...
  5. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Wow - six When you can run SIX complete trains at the SAME time, on a 4 x 15 foot layout it adds EXCITEMENT! I had an idea of what FUN this 3rd Mainline would bring, but I enjoyed it so much more because of the 2 new MTH locomotives. They are the ONLY locomotives I have that will pull WHATEVER...
  6. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Optimistic I read ONE story how this guy started the company in his basement and I was impressed. Why was Ford Motor Company the ONLY American company NOT to take a government handout? It HAS to be the people in control. Any company that can produce quality like this in this economy, I take a...
  7. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Stock I'm no so sure about, I had very good luck with the stock market once, which put me in a position not to worry TOO much about $300.00 DCS operating systems. The of the reasons I chose HO over O were the cost factors, my luck with the one stock transaction didn't translate into model O...
  8. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Thank you MTH What am I suppose to by a new Athearn just to compare it? My locomotive isn't old by any means, if MTH's locomotives are SO superior after just one year, it gives me more incentive to buy another; which I'm planning on. Athearn has a lot of catching up to do before they will ever...
  9. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    With All Due Respect With all due respect UP2CSX, it didn't take me than long. After having this MTH locomotive on the track for only a couple of minutes, I KNEW I had something special. As I stated in a previous post, this is the best thing to hit HO since DCC. I have most MAJOR manufactures...
  10. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Progress AND F U N Proceeding I'm making good progress on my 3rd Mainline. Today, I will probably add the rizers and plywood grade. When I originally planned this third Mainline I was going to make it narrow, for one track, about 2 1/2 inches. If you have viewed my MTH SD70ACe thread, you will...
  11. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    F u n Time will tell, now the Koreans are doing to the Japanese auto makers what they originally did to our auto industry. I don't know whither you have noticed, but the India is starting the same thing with the Chinese. Bottom line, COMPETITION among ANY business is good for the consumer and...
  12. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    I repeat MTH 1, Athearn 0 After reading ALL the replies to this post, it is obvious that there are some people who are more Zealous about this hobby than I. Simply put, to me, this locomotive is still a W O W !! I will go further, Kato and Atlas, Athearn and ALL the rest of the manufactures...
  13. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    3rd Mainline Progress Progress on the new 3rd line is coming along nicely. If you view the attached four photos, on the East End (first two photos) the turnout that attached the yard's Mainline and East yard entrance are gone. In its place are two separate tracks, the outer will be part of the...
  14. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    No traction tires These two MTH products have standard wheels. They are also much heavier than any of my other locomotives.
  15. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    A Picture is worth a Thousand Words! I just emailed the previous post's photo to MTH parts. God Bless digital cameras and the "Macro" setting for close-ups!
  16. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Two bad axles on one truck Nothing is perfect. The second SD70ACe, BNSF #9371, kept derailing at a left number 4 turnout. My walk-around DCC controller wire wasn't long enough to give me a close look at what the problem might be. Today I purchased a much longer Ethernet cable, it allowed me...
  17. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Exactly my thoughts It is hard to fathom WHY other companies don't make products this GOOD? Could it be GREED; I bet my bottom dollar it is!! After owning these two MTH products, I feel as though I have be ripped off for what I paid for the Katos, Athearns and the like. My layout WAS going...
  18. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Solved Consist Problem by READING After I read the literature from MTH, I decided to FULLY read the information from MRC on their Prodigy Advance2. Low and behold, there are TWO ways to consist locomotives with this DCC system. The "Old" consist was just what the doctor ordered for the MTH...
  19. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Answered My Own Questions Now that the holiday is over, I have finally had time to read ALL the literature that came with my two new MTH locomotives. After reading it, I now understand the their new DCS system is not for me at this time. I also found out the email to MTH was a waist of time...
  20. B

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Informative BUT Thank you, I read the article but a big part of it pertains to DCC systems that only support 12 numbers; my MRC Prodigy Advance2 supports 28. I can access ALL the functions offered by this MTH locomotive on my Prodigy except the "consist" command. The thing I like about MTH's...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top