Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. waredbear

    Wife Is Going To KILL Me!!!

    I invited the wife over to sit on my lap and read all of the posts here for this thread. She got a lot of laughs from you guys. Especially about going silently in your sleep and not screaming like his passengers. I like that one too. :D Later
  2. waredbear

    Wife Is Going To KILL Me!!!

    Sorry Cjcrescent but she didn't kill me so you don't get my train stuff. I just tore up the will leaving them all to you. She just saw the receipt and all she said was "you better not say anything about what I spend from now on". Airslide, I did what you said..."wave your hand in front of...
  3. waredbear

    Wife Is Going To KILL Me!!!

    Of all the advise, by the way thanks guys (gals if there are any, I don't want to leave you out) but of all the advise this one scares me the most. You can tell her that you bought a new engine for $400 and she doesn't flinch? :eek: What does she have up her sleeve? ;) My wife asked me why I...
  4. waredbear

    Shunting...Yard Staging

    Are there any videos on YouTube or anywhere else that shows modelers shunting cars and setting up a consist for a long haul? I've viewed a lot of them but they just show a train moving one or two cars. I'm trying to get an understanding of how the procedure is completed. I understand that a...
  5. waredbear

    Let's get LOADED!!!.....

    I just bought 4 heavy equipment pieces and I want to buy 4 more but I couldn't think of what to do with them....now I know. All I need is a couple of flat beds. Thanks for the idea. Sometimes you have to think outside of the box.
  6. waredbear

    Using Google Earth to view the rail yards! omg!

    I thought about it the other day and pulled up Google Earth to follow the old Great Northern route from Spokane, over the Cascades and on to the coast. This is the section that I want to someday model if I ever get to. I have a lot of pictures of this area and know what I want to have on my...
  7. waredbear

    Is the economy hurting your hobby?

    Yes and no. I don't have a layout yet but I do buy from time to time for the day that I do take the plunge. That day seems to be getting closer but the layout is getting smaller. I've been unemployed for the last 6 weeks but the boss keeps telling me the contract up in Boone should release any...
  8. waredbear

    GE 44 Ton Switcher

    Thanks I appreciate all of the suggestions. I don't know if I want to take the chance of sending the Switcher in and end up with a one motor version. I like the pulling power of two motors. How would I go about lubricating the bearings? I have no problem in taking it apart and working on it but...
  9. waredbear

    Wife Is Going To KILL Me!!!

    I like the way you think. That is the reason I went ahead and bought the CAT's. I figured I might as well leave a few good trains and accessories to my grandson. :D
  10. waredbear

    Starting the new layout!

    Thanks Ron that link worked. The thing I love about Xtrkcad is the fact you can run trains on it to see how it will work and look like. I will probably do that to yours. Later
  11. waredbear

    Wife Is Going To KILL Me!!!

    Part 2 We get back home and go to Walmart. I look in the toy aisle and don't find any 1/87 vehicles. I go over to the Clearance aisle and find four CAT tractors already detailed for $9.00 each. There were two of each. I'll go back next week and hopefully snag them as well. :D These are my first...
  12. waredbear

    Wife Is Going To KILL Me!!!

    :eek: We went back up to Mt. Airy, NC (home of Mayberry RFD) to the train store that is closing. I went up there Thursday and picked-up a covered hopper and a 50' box car. I went back today and bought another covered hopper, a cylindrical grain hopper plus a 2 bay offset side hopper all in Great...
  13. waredbear

    Starting the new layout!

    I am a member of the Yahoo Xtrack forum. I looked for your file but it wasn't located there anymore. Do you have it posted anywhere else? Terrific layout and a wonderful progression thread. I'm headed over now to watch the videos.
  14. waredbear

    Isaak's Bookshelf Railroad

    guess not??
  15. waredbear

    My yard is finished, what to do ??

    I couldn't agree with you more. I like to look down a yard and see all the different cars and wonder where they are going and what they have in them. We have a small yard just north of W-S and I'm thinking about sitting on the hill and watch it one day just to see how it goes. I wish I had done...
  16. waredbear

    GE 44 Ton Switcher

    Yes, it is the Bachmann Spectrum and the body is plastic. I will check to see if that is the case. I was also wondering what would be a good DCC decoder to put in it. I'm thinking of using DigiTrax if I can ever get the money. Thanks 15 minutes later and I'm having to correct my post...
  17. waredbear

    GE 44 Ton Switcher

    I bought the switcher off of E-Bay and it was supposed to work. I put it on a track to see it operate and the engine moved slowly and then started smoking. Is it worth replacing the motors or is there something I can do to repair it? I see new ones on the Internet for $40 so I'm guessing this...
  18. waredbear

    New Rolling Stock

    A train friend told me last night that a train store an hour north of us is going out of business. I took a small road trip today to see what was left. I was hoping for some DCC controllers but he didn't have any left. I did manage to snag a 50' box car and a covered hopper at 40% off to add to...
  19. waredbear

    Control panel project (in progress)

    It is a cleaner looking board. I can't wait to see the finished product or better yet more pics in progress. I enjoy seeing those. Reid in NC
  20. waredbear

    Expensive Loco

    My question is how does that train go through tunnels with the tender on top? Maybe it will be used only on flat tracks. :D Reid in NC




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top