ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
http://www.sbdepotmuseum.com/home/2011/3/4/san-bernardino-railroad-days-sponsored-by.html
Just saw this advertised in todays local paper and thought id pass it on to those interested in a short Steam Excursion!! Aswell as Model Trains to be seen.
-
Guess im gonna have to mess with manual notching as the Digitrax Zephyr Xtra does not have an emergency stop switch.
-
Hello everyone,
Im trying to figure out how to get my Athearn SD70ACe's equipped with factory Tsunami sound decoders to "play" the engine shut down sequence. Ive scoured the internet with no luck and have looked at numberous Tsunami / Athearn manuels online on how to go about getting them...
-
Family owned business ;)
The El Camino in the background usually has parts spread out around that bench as it is a work in progress to.
-
Your gonna love them Littlefoot! I have two of the BNSF units with sound and i seriously now feel like my other engines are neglected. :D
*coinsidently, i have 9131 also (2nd engine). what there running around is just a small circle i set up and take down every now and then at work*
-
Im interested in this aswell!
-
Thanks for this CSX Robert! Finnally got it reset back to factory defaults! Using address '0'. :D Now i can go back through and set it up!
One other question, is what CV or CV's needs to be changed so that the sound only comes on / off once the specific locomotive is selected / deselected...
-
Well ive come across a new problem and i have no clue how to fix it. One of my Athearn Ace's works perfectly. The 2nd one, I cant get it to do anything now. I think I may have changed the address on it but i cant figure out what it is x_x
Ive tried reseting the decoder to factory settings by...
-
Not having any luck with these two Ace's :confused: Cycling hasnt helped.
Edit: Still messing with it and getting know where. Flashes "busy" but does nothing. Looks like I may need to purge and buy the PTB-100 and save the head ache for something else. Atleast the Ace's are set to 2...
-
Ive tried in OPS mode to atleat give the loco's 4 Digit address's(rode number)
but its not taking the programming. All my other locos with Digitrax decoders in them had no issue with this. It seems like I cant get it to do anything with the SD70Ace's other then run and use the factory settings...
-
Hey fellow train modelers,
I just recieved my Digitrax Zephyr Xtra DCC System. I have 2 Athearn Genesis SD70ACe's with Soundtraxx Tsunami Sound Decoders factory installed and I would like to program / change CV's and what not. My question is in regards to Soundtraxx recomending I use...
-
Rico, while i wish it were my video / layout, i cant take credit for it. Just left you a comment on your video however! Sound is very very clear on your loco and you can easily and clearly see the beacon in action! Thanks for the vid :D
-
You can see the perticular Beacon / Locomotive in this great video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysejYKx-eGk
Is very convincing to me! Maybe it is an "orderable part".
-
Well, I dont have a real layout just yet but I have choosen to go with BNSF for frieght and Metrolink for local passanger. I've picked these simply because where I live (Corona, Ca), I see one of these be it freight from BNSF or passanger from Metrolink ever 20 minutes or so! And thats why I...
-
-
If you wouldnt mind, could you please post a picture of how you fixed it and maybe a simple explanation or how to for this. My Athearn ACe every now and then sounds as if the shell is vibrating making the sound very crackly. Wondering if maybe its just a baffle issue. To be honest, I was afraid...
-
I used to really be into Honda's a few years back and was lucky enough to have built up and customized one of my own in which was an "internet sensation" LOL :D Got a few magazine features as well as online magazine features. One of which was back in 2006 that can be seen here...
-
September 4th 2011 it will be done ;)
-
LOL :D She technically got me 2. Were just waiting for a different roadnumber to come in wich should be here Tuesday!
And Thanks for the birthday wishes guys!
-
My birthday present (11/25) from my wonderful fiancee:
Crappy camara phone pic. Athearn Genesis BNSF SD70ACe W/Sound!
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)