Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Mouse

    Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    Happy Thanksgiving fellow railroaders!! And Happy Birthday to myself lol!!
  2. Mouse

    MTH big boy is broke already!

    When we stop going to China to make products for "cheaper labor". But then i guess that becomes a reflection of price. Build it here, pay more i suppose.
  3. Mouse

    Starting the new layout!

    I watched you latest videos the other night. Man is this layout looking great! Your work is top notch my friend! Just wish i could do something like this. Keep up the great work and video updates! PS. I could watch trains run on your layout all day long! *hint hint* lol -Chris
  4. Mouse

    Loco Yard

    Wanna adopt a 28 year old?!!! LOL. Beautiful Beautiful layout you have put together Grampy.
  5. Mouse

    Repowering & Upgrading Athearn RTR Locomotives

    I hardwired (solderd) in 2 basic Digitraxx decoders(DH123D) into 2 Athearn RTR GP38-2's with little to no issues. Id say the hardest part is tucking the wires / decoder under the shell! It was very simple to do however and multiple how to videos can be found on youtube and theres probley a...
  6. Mouse

    Question(s) about Basic consisting + sound

    Imackattack: I figured this would be the case. This is actually what i want for now as I currently do not have a way of changing CV's. So two will be louder then 1 though not prototypical, it works for me for now. Thanks! diburning: I use the Bachmann EZ-Command which as far as I know can...
  7. Mouse

    Question(s) about Basic consisting + sound

    Hello fellow model railroaders, Im in the process of getting 2 of the new Athearn Genesis SD70Ace's with DCC / Sound (birthday next week and a great fiancee!!). Currently im using the basic Bachmann EZ-Command DCC System which is only able to do basic consisting.(until christmas when its...
  8. Mouse

    Did anybody see Unstoppable yet?

    I saw it last night. Pretty good film as anticipated. Whos gonna be first to model the 777 or 1206?? =)
  9. Mouse

    How old are YOU?

    Im 27 years old. I recently got into the hobby after finding a box of my fathers old Tyco set from my childhood. I've already learned alot of information but I have tons more to learn. Also have already installed my own DCC decoders and so forth!!
  10. Mouse

    Bachmann McKinley Explorer Question(s)

    Good to know info on the controller(s)! As for the track, she'll be fine with the steel track. The train will probley see very very little use from her to be honest and this set will more then likely end up with me in a few months anyways lol :)
  11. Mouse

    Bachmann McKinley Explorer Question(s)

    Hey everyone, My niece's birthday is just around the corner and she has been asking for a Train for awhile now after running some of mine around. I took her down to my local train shop and she was dead set on the Bachmann McKinley Explorer. So this is what my fiancee and I have decided...
  12. Mouse

    Attemping a decoder install on a new Athearn GP38-2

    I installed 2 Digitrax DH123D's in two of these Athearn BNSF GP38-2's yesterday. It was actually very easy to.(i watched some youtube installs!) Only problem I have stumbled upon, is the limited space under the shell. It sits very very snuggly against the engine on both sides aswell as the...
  13. Mouse

    Model Power Track Question(s)

    Well with that said, i have another question lol! Since a good portion of us model RR's paint our rails / ties, what if i were to paint the rails with some form of rustoleum? Would that then protect it from rust and other forms of corrosion? All my other track is Nickel Silver so these would...
  14. Mouse

    Model Power Track Question(s)

    While flex track is awsome and im sure one day i will build a layout with pretty much 100% flex track, there are two reasons atm why i am considering buying these. 1: I already own a good amount of individual track pieces in various sizes. None of which are this long :/ 2: The price is...
  15. Mouse

    Model Power Track Question(s)

    Hey guys, Just wondering if there are any pros / cons to Model Power's HO scale Steel track aswell as there Nickel Silver Track? It seems that the track I currently own is from a mixture of companys such as Atlas, Bachmann and Model Power. all work just fine together. Today, I came across...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top