Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Rogue

    Veteran's Roll Call: All that served or serving our countries

    15th Battallion, Parachute Regiment - 1988-1994 Anti Tank & Demolitions specialist "If ya wanna be a bear, be a grizzly! "
  2. Rogue

    Extreme Trains

    A wee heads up for you lucky folks in North America, the History Channel will be showing a new programme, Extreme Trains beginning November 11th. It looks great and I hope our History Channel shows it here at some point! http://www.history.com/genericContent.do?id=60696
  3. Rogue

    so. how do I even get started?

    Sounds good! I found this book very helpful http://kalmbachcatalog.stores.yahoo.net/12246.html Kalmbach also publish more indepth books on various subjects such as wiring, scenery etc! Happy Reading! :)
  4. Rogue

    so. how do I even get started?

    Welcome to the forums. Sounds like you have a fantastic space to build. I suggest you put up drywall and make it as much as a normal room as possible so as to maintain temperature, eliminate as much condensation as possible and keep dust levels to a minimum. In terms of what you create with your...
  5. Rogue

    Greetings from Jess Red Horse.

    The quarry looks so much better now, Jess and I thought your Stargate was a really cool touch although how are you going to explain what it is to the wee people on your layout without compromising national security, lol!
  6. Rogue

    Happy Birthday JOSH!!!!

    A Belated Happy Birthday, Josh, Many happy returns!
  7. Rogue

    Ouch!

    :eek: This has to be one of the most bizarre reasons why a passenger train has been delayed! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7693386.stm :)
  8. Rogue

    Solid British Electric locomotive

    The Class 47 may fit your bill, although built for passenger service they were used to haul freight too! http://www.railway-models.co.uk/1301_1_105082839.html In terms of more up to date locomotives, you can try the Class 60 which is a diesel but in model terms is perhaps the best that...
  9. Rogue

    Golden Age of Trains

    Thought some of you would like the following, which I thought were wonderful atmospheric photographs! Enjoy! :) http://www.wired.com/culture/art/multimedia/2008/10/gallery_trains?slide=1&slideView=3
  10. Rogue

    Athearn RTR Gp38-2

    My wife has a GP38-2 which has DCC onboard but it's a Bachmann, however it's a very, very nice looking model, a great runner and highly recommended. It's also cheaper than an Athearn!
  11. Rogue

    Weekend Photo fun 10/11/12 October 2008

    Thanks, one (or two or three) to look out for!
  12. Rogue

    Weekend Photo fun 10/11/12 October 2008

    Awesome Piggy Back, Jeffrey, I want one!
  13. Rogue

    What's your favorite bridge?

    Good choice! The Forth Rail Bridge (to distinguish it from the Forth Road Bridge) is one of the Engineering wonders of the world, it's a joy to cross over! Here is a photo of the road bridge with the rail bridge in the background that I took earlier this year!
  14. Rogue

    Photo montage of the CP Rail M & M Sub. posted

    Nice layout and a great way to show it off! :)
  15. Rogue

    Broadway Blueline

    Hi Jim, sorry I meant that it was my general controller that didn't work with the DCMaster but my new Gaguemaster works with it fine! All is great with my new loco! :)
  16. Rogue

    Broadway Blueline

    I checked everything Jim but still no luck, my friend from across town brought over a spare Guagemaster 'D' controller and when I hooked it up everything worked fine so that appears to have been the problem, a crappy controller! lol!. I was impressed with the Guagemaster overall and bought it...
  17. Rogue

    Broadway Blueline

    I bought a DC Master control so that I could get the additional sounds for my loco (I haven't gone DCC yet) and when connected all it did was rock back and forth and didn't seem to have any control! Anyone else have this problem or can tell me what I am doing wrong. I connected the red wires to...
  18. Rogue

    Engine identification needed

    My Railroad education continues! Thanks for the clarification, Josh!
  19. Rogue

    Engine identification needed

    Clair, Pic 2, The loco at the front is an EMD GP35 (at least I think it is and as I'm still learning myself am prepared to be told otherwise! lol) I'm not sure about any in pic 1 though!
  20. Rogue

    Broadway Blueline

    Brilliant, Crandell, thanks, I have the remains an old red kit somewhere, too! :)




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top