Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Blacksheep

    N scale with DCC

    So I've been dinking around with my new Walthers Mallet this past few days, N scale has come a long ways since I was involved in it and I'm loving it. I fired it up with a basic MRC DCC system and the factory Walthers Decoder and sound and all that. It worked pretty awesome...at first. Last...
  2. Blacksheep

    Most challenging craftsman kit?

    That last one always looked like a nightmare to me. I used their powering kit for a different model and read the description and instructions for the keystone. LOL, Its a sweet looking model but its not for me.
  3. Blacksheep

    What do ya make of this puppy!?

    HOLY CARP. That thing hit 180MPH! LOL. Sounds like a kick in the butt to me.
  4. Blacksheep

    Steam Loco Detail Parts

    Thanks, I've been poking around for a week or so, trying to find parts that may look convincing enough for my Mallet. I found some nice parts for the Kato Mikado, some of which may work out nice, others would get tossed into the jibby box. The kit allows for one of either two variations...
  5. Blacksheep

    Using what i have learned

    I really like the Cotton Belt box, I need to start practicing weathering techniques, thats one thing I never put much energy into. Nice work! Quick question, I always wondered about a new, clean eraser to remove road names off of brand new N Scale locomotives, do you think one could remove...
  6. Blacksheep

    Steam Loco Detail Parts

    So I have been scouring different sites, forums and manufacturers- having a hard time finding a few Steam Locomotive detail parts. Such as large sand boxes, generators-(The big Gen's on the smoke boxes) and reservoirs. (I think they are reservoirs, long cylindrical objects, high up on boilers...
  7. Blacksheep

    Show us your special rides

    I meant that it was on another websites forum, not here, sorry. But here ya go :). Make sure you cruise the whole thread because I posted as we went along. http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30473 I hope to make one more trip up there before hard winter, I want to hike...
  8. Blacksheep

    Show us your special rides

    I posted some in another forum, its the Port Of Tillamook Bay here in Oregon. I'm not sure about the forum rules for linking back and forth between forums. I could link or re post them here tomorrow if necessary. The railroad got taken out in a nasty storm (Hurricane remnants if I recall...
  9. Blacksheep

    Piers, Docks, Wharfs!

    Awesome link, I got sucked into those pages for quite some time tonight. Truly amazing work. And I agree, the sub skeleton is beyond my comprehension as far as modeling goes.
  10. Blacksheep

    Soldering wire leads to track

    That's the ticket. I solder almost everyday at work. DB9's, vga's, Speakers, XLR's etc. To me, I think the key to a good solder joint is tinning. This is easy to do on the wire end because its away from (in this case) the track. I'd even go one more step and tin the track with the same...
  11. Blacksheep

    Show us your special rides

    I'm sure it does, LOL, this is Beaver Slide Rd at the washed out bridge where it meets the track. In the wet months, its where you have to turn around, but late summer/fall you can wheel across the river and up on to the other side of the bridge and get back on the road. Lets see, there...
  12. Blacksheep

    Show us your special rides

    Nice looking rides everyone, but I'm stick'n with my Jeep. I like to get off the pavement and into the boonies as much as possible. :D
  13. Blacksheep

    Timber Ore Docks

    Not an Timber Dock, but still a huge and impressive Ore dock. Thought I'd share this link from google books. This is the concrete and steel ore dock in Marquette, of the Lake Superior and Ishpeming...
  14. Blacksheep

    Automobile manufacturer layout

    I can understand where you are coming from but I'm going to have to disagree. Growing up in the area and having a Father who retired from the industry I have seen more interesting buildings and supply facilities than I have the common ones. One thing that would be awesome to model if I were...
  15. Blacksheep

    Timber Ore Docks

    Thats too bad, lets hope they get the $$$ to keep her around for a while. I noticed the Artist also has a line drawing "Red Wing". A re named Laker in Honor of the Detroit Red Wings. Red Wings past owner, Norris, was a share holder in the company that purchased her and figured he should name...
  16. Blacksheep

    Timber Ore Docks

    LOL, That cracked me up too. :) You should email him and ask, he's a pretty good guy. Here are some more line drawings, there is one of the Cleavland Cliffs Lakers towards the bottom. http://www.boatnerd.com/digitalshipyard/gallery.htm
  17. Blacksheep

    Timber Ore Docks

    Holy Cow! http://www.boatnerd.com/digitalshipyard/otherworks/gallery.htm Scroll down to the Medusa, he now has my version in there, very cool! Talk about memories.........
  18. Blacksheep

    Timber Ore Docks

    I had totally forgotten about their Medusa kit, I love that logo! I found a link off of Boatnerd, or something like that, of an artist who offers line drawings and artwork of the Lakers, I'll see if I can't find it, they may offer a drawing of the ship that UP2CSX traveled on. I found he...
  19. Blacksheep

    Timber Ore Docks

    The stats on the concrete, steel and timber docks are amazing. I found that sort of info on line. Interesting that you spent some time on a Laker, thats pretty cool. I also had the opportunity when I was a kid in 76', to go on a round trip on the Medusa Challenger (Medusa Cement, now St...
  20. Blacksheep

    Timber Ore Docks

    Awesome! Thank you!




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top