ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
I
Eric,
Yes it fits with no problems. Here's a pic of my install with an arrow pointing to the decoder (it is tiny). I put some kapton tape over it to secure it to the board.
Jim
-
I
Brent,
I used a Digitrax DH165IP on mine, no surgery necessary. It is a tiny little thing with an 8 pin plug integrated on the decoder's board and it plugs right in to the Atlas board and fits with no issues. I tried the NCE version first and didn't like the motor control, so I switched to...
-
I
Wow. Very impressive. Good luck scaling it down to 1:160!
Ike
-
I
It looks kind of like a slumbercoach. There's a couple of examples on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slumbercoach
-
I
Plastruct sells plastic fiber optics. I've used it in the past for ditch lights and it was pretty easy to work with. You can check out what's available by downloading their catalog at plastruct.com.
Ike
-
I
If you have a multimeter, check for continuity from each wheel to the metal tab the wire is soldered on. I have had a couple where the brass bearings that hold the axel to the metal plate on the side of the truck have tarnished & I had to polish the bearings to restore electrical continuity.
-
I
My favorite is the Trona Railway's scheme from 1993-2004.
-
I
I replaced mine with Kadee #524 28" wheelsets.
-
I
Those are detail parts for the fuel tank. There should be a box in the lower left corner of the parts list that shows where they go.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)