Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. 4

    New York and Long Branch in HO

    I am really impressed with the layout and the photo diary of the progress. I keep wanting to take photos of mine at each step but then forget to do it. Do you have a track plan you can share? I may have missed it on the site.
  2. 4

    Oh Boy! I've really done it now!

    Yeah I'll have a Thomas on mine too. I am modeling the Pioneer Valley RR in Westfield, loosely. For instance there's no coal dock on the real thing but I need a reason to run my coal hoppers so there it will be. My railroad, my rules.
  3. 4

    Dealer Discounts

    Thanks guys. Yeah its a lot to think about. I think I have settled on a number to see how we do. I do sell direct as well but right now the name is not out there and I think another venue for sale would be good. I think this is the kinda thing that it helps to be able to see it. I was...
  4. 4

    Dealer Discounts

    I don't know where to post this so if there is a better spot maybe the mods can move it to the appropriate location. For now, I was approached yesterday by a dealer who may be interested in carrying my work. This would be great. I am not sure what kind of discount to give him though. Is...
  5. 4

    Loco's you just had to have but...

    Yeah about five or six off ebay I thought were great deals. Now I don't know what to do with them. That's part because I keep changing the them of my layout. I have a Bachmann Spectrum 45 ton that now has no use on my layout at all. Good thing I got it cheap I guess.
  6. 4

    Yard Design Feedback

    Stein Is that last yard, the compound one, is that ten feet long? If so it looks like it would be perfect for the yard on my layout?
  7. 4

    Woo Hooo! Larry, I was the 100 Thousandth Viewer

    That thread is the only place I cna hear about 1/87th cars. Every time I go to a walmart or KMart orany similar place I check out the toy section but there is never anything there in scale. bummer
  8. 4

    Wow...just, WOW!

    Yeah that's pretty incredible.
  9. 4

    Thing I’ve never seen in a model train layout…

    I had a mouse living in the foam in one of my mountains on the last layout. Dug himself a little hole and hung out for who knows how long. He was finally evicted when the layout came down.
  10. 4

    What's in your Signature?

    It works for a bit of self promotion. I try to sell railroad backdrops and other photography.
  11. 4

    Quonset Hut

    Looks good must look into Rix Kits when I startputting buildings down
  12. 4

    Looking for some Feedback

    Yeah P180 is okay. Actually down in recurrent right now. We are kind of a speed bump for you guys though. New York hates us coming up there in the mod 30s. Yeah staging would be good, but I wonder if you have enough room to do a little under layout staging? Maybe sneak a ramp around one...
  13. 4

    Looking for some Feedback

    Hey 757. First are you a pilot? I drive a P180 for a fractional outfit. Second, I think the trackplan actually looks really good. The only thing I would say is there may be some more room in your industrial area to add some more switching. Other than that I think the plan looks good and...
  14. 4

    using photographs

    You know I just saw a guy at the Big E train show yesterday doing this exact thing I think it was scale scenes or something
  15. 4

    Club Layout

    Yeah the Big E is the best place to go. Not sure you'd wanna drive with a club closer but the Dudley club meets Tuesdays at 1800. PM me if you are looking to go and I can get you the address.
  16. 4

    Club Layout

    THat layout is impressive. berkshire where you from? I go to the Dudley Club near Worcester.
  17. 4

    I think she's a "beaut"

    Looks like the brakeman has his feet up.
  18. 4

    New Layout

    I used foam on my layout too and it is nice to be able to dig down into it if you need to. I also found that the leftover stuff was great for stacking and then carving the mountain shape of your dreams. Kinda makes a mess but it looks pretty good. Trees are real easy to plant in the foam too...
  19. 4

    Just Getting Back Into the Hobby - Would love to hear your thoughts on this layout

    Just wondering a couple things about the layout. First, what is the point of the layout i.e. what do function will your railroad serve? What do you want to get out of it? I ask because I started my last layout along the same lines as yours and got kinda bored quick. Second, are there...
  20. 4

    Airports And Airplanes!

    Yeah that would be a project. But how cool would that look when doing some night running? There are large airports that have runways without approach light systems so complex. Sometimes less often used runways, or runways used almost exclusively for departures due to terrain or something...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top