Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. URI

    Chief Sleepy Eye

    Thanks!, wish I had the space for HO, but N it shall be.
  2. URI

    Chief Sleepy Eye

    Just finished this N scale City of Sleepy I unit. This is my 3rd conversion ever, so I am very happy with the results. It pairs up nicely with my Mt Rushmore unit. I added plows, but that was it for add ons. Thanks for looking.
  3. URI

    My new web site

    Those are sharp! and I like the idea of doing your own city names. I'm currently working on Sleepy Eye, a good friend of mine was nice enough to do the Chief Sleepy Eye portrait and the lettering for more updated DM&E/IC&E locos. So I am also doing a snoot nose City of Waseco with full lettering...
  4. URI

    My new web site

    Thanks, I appreciate that. Yup, very simple large oval with 2 lines that branch off (in case I ever want to expand) and a small oval inside that. Nothing spectacular. It serves a couple industries and has a siding. Trying to figure out how to map it so I could add that visual to the web site.
  5. URI

    My new web site

    Hello, Decided to get into model railroading this past year, it's slow going, but am enjoying the baby steps of learning. I really love model railroads and building models, so I decided to give it a try. While the process is slow as all of you know, I decided to start a web site about mine...
  6. URI

    Atlas code 55

    Thanks for the informative explination! I would really like to move on to this next stage, again, thanks.
  7. URI

    Atlas code 55

    Thanks for the link, very interesting. Still though, I am curious about the ME flex working with the Atlas switches. Seems the ME is a good product, but with them finding switches is hard? I don't need much track for my small layout anyway, but would be nice to move forward. Meanwhile, I can...
  8. URI

    Atlas code 55

    With the shortage of Atlas code 55 track, I wondering if I could use ME code 55 with my Atlas switches, or do I hold out and wait for Atlas to get the track made again. I was told they broke the mold?
  9. URI

    Bridge pier

    Thanks for the ideas, got a starting pont now. Been banging my head on it for a bit.
  10. URI

    Bridge pier

    Hello, I was looking into making a single track bridge pier, but I'm not sure where to start. I've found them online and stuff, but I need one to be 4 inches tall and the tallest I've seen is 2 inches. Or, is this not sounding like a good idea. I guess I'm a bit stumped in how to get my 2...
  11. URI

    Athearn SD75m

    Thanks for everything guys. I figured Josh was talking HO as I have visited his site. Still nice to hear how the athearns run. Just nice to get some feedback before deciding what to do.
  12. URI

    Athearn SD75m

    Having never seen one in n scale before, this is good to hear.
  13. URI

    Athearn SD75m

    Anyone have this loco? How does it compare with Atlas and Kato units. Did a search, but pull up only that in HO scale.
  14. URI

    Coupler question help

    I just came across a couple of Kato Dash 9's I bought a long time ago, obvious by the old non Kadee style couplers they have. I need to replace them with new ones, but I'm am unsure which to get :confused: Because they are Southern Pacific, and I don't want to part with them, I've decided to...
  15. URI

    Radius question

    For sure, flex will be the route I take. I plan on Atlas code 55.
  16. URI

    Radius question

    Fishplate and Trucklover, I guess I was a bit unclear in trying to get out the question, but you guys have answered exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for that. I will do the 48" width to gain the 22" radius. When you've been out of the hobby for a while, you tend to forget stuff...
  17. URI

    Radius question

    Thanks, I had assumed that.
  18. URI

    Radius question

    I'm doing n scale and want to run intermodel with Dash 9's. I'm hoping in the future that the ES44's are made. So I'm just trying to decide a few things on my project. Not familiar with "space to radius". So I was trying to find out the radius that would fit in 3, 3 1/2, and 4ft wide spaces.
  19. URI

    Radius question

    Did a search of the forum and net, but I come up empty on radius charts. I'm trying to find out what the minimum radius are for 3', 3 1/2' and 4' spaces for getting a train turned around. Any advice where to get this information, or if anyone knows what those radius would be. Thanks.
  20. URI

    Locomotive duties

    Thanks again for all the info, should be ok then to drop a pair of AC44's then on a grain unit without looking so out of place. Still hope Kato makes the ACE in BNSF. I'd really like to upgrade my roster with some modern power.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top