Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    Ran off UP yard by Federal employee.

    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but my twin 3 year old boys and I have become interested in not only model HO scale trains, but the real thing. Anyways, we went out looking for a place to watch real trains near our home in Las Vegas, and found a little yard that...
  2. J

    Any where to pre-order Genesis SD70ACe?

    I pre-ordered the UP #8365 with DCC and sound. As Josh mentioned above, you can get them with DCC factory installed, or DCC ready. Does anybody know if these will have lighted number boards? Also, are there any good photo's of these aside from the unpainted plastic prototype photo's? Jared
  3. J

    Any where to pre-order Genesis SD70ACe?

    Thanks for the leads; I notice that Caboose Hobbies has them listed for $206.61. Jared
  4. J

    Tower 55 ES44AC?

    "I may have missed it, but did you tear it apart and really verify the problem?" I removed the plastic shell, and can hand turn the brass flywheels. I can see that the front drive shaft turns nicely along with the front six wheels. The rear drive shaft turns intermittently, and the rear...
  5. J

    Tower 55 ES44AC?

    Having another gear made may be an option. Anybody here know how to remove the truck in order to inspect the gears? I have the shell removed, and can clearly see that the the rear wheels will not turn when the flywheel is turned, but have not figured out how to get any further to actually look...
  6. J

    Any where to pre-order Genesis SD70ACe?

    Anybody know if there is a good place to pre-order these? Jared
  7. J

    Tower 55 ES44AC?

    I've contacted OMI, as well as Ajin Precision (the actual manufacturer) trying to find drive train parts. NObody has anything, or wants to help in any way. It seems to me, that my T55 is just a paperweight. From what I have read on other boards, the only way to repair these is to cannibalize...
  8. J

    Tower 55 ES44AC?

    "I have an email into Overland but I guess that won't do much good." No, at least not in my opinion. I spoke with Brian at Overland on the phone. He was reluctant to talk about T55 in any capacity. He essentially told me had no intention of dealing with the T55 issue at all. I've read on...
  9. J

    Tower 55 ES44AC?

    "I've got inquiries out on parts and will let you know what I find." Thanks, I have also tried to contact Ajin Precision to see what they say. Overland was of little help. P.S. Was this a common problem with these T55's? I am tempted to look for another, but don't really want to risk...
  10. J

    Tower 55 ES44AC?

    ?? Jared
  11. J

    Tower 55 ES44AC?

    Hello, I am new here and this is my first post. I recently purchased a Tower 55 ES44AC off of ebay; the seller stated new in the box. The locomotive arrived on last Thursday I believe. Anyways this locomotive looks great, and is very nicely detailed. However when I put it on my Kato...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top