Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    Tower 55 ES44AC?

    Thanks guys, I'll see if I can find the recommended glue. Jared
  2. J

    Tower 55 ES44AC?

    I'm lazy and decided to try and fix it myself. I think a little glue would do the trick; I just don't know which type of glue to use. Jared
  3. J

    Tower 55 ES44AC?

    What type do you recommend? I think that I will just go that route, I would really like to get this locomotive running. Jared
  4. J

    My first roll of rail fan slides.

    There a few labs left here in Vegas that still do it. However, I use Wal-Mart. Jared
  5. J

    My first roll of rail fan slides.

    Hello tankist, No offense taken, and thanks for taking the time to comment. So having the shady side if the train toward you is no good? I am an experienced landscape photographer, but only recently became interested in photographing trains, so have no idea what is looked for in a good train...
  6. J

    My first roll of rail fan slides.

    Here is another that was taken in Valley Yard (I believe is the correct name). This is one of the better places to observe trains in the Las Vegas valley, if you can obtain permission. Jared
  7. J

    My first roll of rail fan slides.

    Yesterday, I picked up my first roll of slides that I have taken of trains related subjects. These were taken on Fujichrome Velvia 50 slide film, which is my favorite for tripod mounted landscapes. Here is the first that I have scanned and prepared for the web. As I am new to this, I am still...
  8. J

    Any Las Vegas Railroaders out there?

    Meadow Valley Wash use to be drivable from end to end, but somebody put a gate and "no tresspassing" sign across what I believe to be a public rd. I have driven that twice in the past, and the map calls it "county route 4320." Jared
  9. J

    Any Las Vegas Railroaders out there?

    What is Centennial and I-215? We were going to a small yard near I-215 and Range Rd., but were ran off by some NV govt. employee. This small yard is where the bulk of lumbar is off-loaded, at least that is what I have read. There are usually a couple sd60m's parked there, and it is fun to watch...
  10. J

    Any Las Vegas Railroaders out there?

    "I have no luck finding anybody here with a passion for either modeling or just plain train watching in this town." I live in Las Vegas, and my boys and I love to watch trains. In fact, we made a trip up to Caliente this last week, and drove down through Meadow Valley Wash. I have lived here...
  11. J

    Tower 55 ES44AC?

    Well, I'm going to sending my gear to NWSL. They have agreed to look at it, and potentially use it to make more of them. I will keep you posted on the projects progress via this thread. Jared
  12. J

    Tower 55 ES44AC?

    Well, I believe that I have found the culprit. Thanks to the help of SSW, I was able to take the rear truck off, and inspect the gears a little better. It seems upon initial inspection, that the idler gear, as well as the traction gears are okay. It is the tiny "Tower Top Gear," as the...
  13. J

    Tower 55 ES44AC?

    I've been talking with Dave at NWSL, and at first he seemed interested in having me send in my T55 so that he could look at it and solve the problem. But now it seems that he has decided not to, due to the limited number of T55's out there. He mentioned that he has indeed seen the drive train...
  14. J

    Ran off UP yard by Federal employee.

    "I live in Vegas as well, where were you at in Vegas that this happened?" I'm not sure of its technical name, but it is near the 215 and Range Rd. Do you know of the location? They seem to unload quite a bit of lumber and automobiles in this yard. Today the family and I took a ride to...
  15. J

    Genesis UP SD70M?

    I noticed that Caboose Hobbies has new Flag models in stock, and they state that the hand rails are already installed. Does anybody know if a Tsunami DCC decoder will drop into these newest units without soldering? Jared
  16. J

    Genesis UP SD70M?

    I am considering buying a Genesis Union Pacific SD70M, what do you guys think of these? I currently have a Genesis UP #844, and it is a VERY nice locomotive. It runs very quiet and smooth; would the SD70M also have these same running properties? I would also like to install a Tsunami EMD 710...
  17. J

    Tower 55 ES44AC?

    I've e-mailed NWSL to find out if they either have gears that will work, or can replicate them. I'll let you guys know what I find out. Jared
  18. J

    Ran off UP yard by Federal employee.

    "If you were, in fact, 100' off railroad property" No, we were indeed on railroad property. There were tracks both in front and behind the position that we were parked on. There is a UP guard shack 2-300' from where we were watching, along with UP property (trucks, a crane, etc...) all...
  19. J

    Ran off UP yard by Federal employee.

    "Be sure to watch from public property in the future. Times have sadly changed." Yeah, we were definitely on UP property, but the crew did not seem to mind, and security had already talked to us. I thought that we were in the clear. I am definitely NOT going to challenge any authority figure...
  20. J

    Any where to pre-order Genesis SD70ACe?

    "On their homepage, they have a banner that you can click to download a PDF file that has model photographs showing some details. No pictures of any painted units are out at this time as far as i know..." Thanks, and bummer on no images. Jared




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top