Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. M

    code = what metal?

    Thanks for anwsering my code questions, but that created another question...... What is code 83 rails made of? What is code 100 rails made of?
  2. M

    code 83, 100, and true track

    I was looking at some atlas track and was wondering, what's the difference between code 83 with brown ties, code 100 with black, and code 83 true-track. Which is better? I know nickel-silver is the best. What code is made of what material?
  3. M

    snap track vs. brass track

    I got a reply from my first offer and he has life-like snap track. I was told this is low quality, but he said that he could swap it for brass track. Would this be a good idea?
  4. M

    begining a layout.

    Thank you for your opinion, Flyboy, I appreciate your advice.
  5. M

    begining a layout.

    I am 12 and looking to start an ho layout of my own. I had no idea where to start, so I looked at craigslist and found some models that I think would be OK. First i found 2 athearn pa-1's (One powered and one dummy) and a Bachman 4-8-4 j class steam engine. This came with 20 boxcars and a large...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top