Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. M

    ho layout plan/ construction

    Well, the styrofoam is the white beaded stuff and it is very messy, But I have to admit, once you paint it up the beads look like little rocks. i just wish i could post xtrkcad layouts on here!:mad:
  2. M

    coupler upgrades

    I recently bought my first trains.These ar the couplers that camewith everything. I would eventualy like to upgrade to the system where a magnet is under the table. How much will this cost? what kind should I get? Where do I get them? any suggetions would be appreciated.
  3. M

    ho layout plan/ construction

    This is my hudson I was talking about.
  4. M

    ho layout plan/ construction

    another Idea was to add a "tooter line" off of my main line.
  5. M

    ho layout plan/ construction

    I have VERY LARGE supply of styrofoam. Don't ask me how I got it, it's a long story. Would this be a good material to make basic hills and mountains out of? I was thinking that I would cover it in plaster or somthing tlike that.... any suggestions?
  6. M

    ho layout plan/ construction

    That's a good idea! Even though I allready have those 85'ers, I think some 35/40' passenger cars would fit in well. It came with a 4-6-4 hudson streamline, but I don't think it'll look OK with a freight train.
  7. M

    ho layout plan/ construction

    I am probably doing a 8x8 layout, but with a walkway in the center, so that leaves 4' turn around areas. I have 22/20 inch radius turns planned. I am currently running the train on a loop with 18" turns, and nothing is wrong.
  8. M

    DCC, DC, etc.

    when I go to save as, and File type, the only option is xtrkcad files, and I can't figure out how to get it into PIANT.
  9. M

    ho layout plan/ construction

    just trying again...:(
  10. M

    DCC, DC, etc.

  11. M

    ho layout plan/ construction

    I will soon begin consruction on my first layout. The scale will be ho. As far as era, I was thinking early 1950's, in the appalations. This is my plan. Sorry if It didn't come through, I'm new at this. The longest car I'll be running will probably be a 85' passenger car. Other than that single...
  12. M

    DCC, DC, etc.

    I didn't mean remote couplers,but I meant what you said, with the magnet under the tracks. Sorry!
  13. M

    garage layout progress (part 2)

    One suggestion is that you make a turn around for the upper black sidings.... It seems a long road to nowere. You can't really park cars on the approach, because it's on an incline. Just a suggestion....
  14. M

    DCC, DC, etc.

    The only functions I really want is momentum, light on/off, and remote couplers/uncouplers. What system should I go with?
  15. M

    DCC, DC, etc.

    I made it to mannage attachments and found a jpeg, but I couldn't get it to open.
  16. M

    profile updates

    how do you get a phrase. for instace, rico's is BE THE KIND OF PERSON YOUR DOGTHINKS YOU ARE.
  17. M

    DCC, DC, etc.

    oops, I guess i didn't look enough. I'd show you my layout plan If I could figure out how to post it. How do you post xtrkcad layouts on here?:confused:
  18. M

    DCC, DC, etc.

    I looked at that website, but couldn't find the price. How much was it?
  19. M

    DCC, DC, etc.

    well. I guess I can't use that, because I plan to have about 7 locomoties. any suggestions on where to get a fairly cheap DCC system that can opperate maybe a dozen engines?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top