Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. russell

    Kato Unitrack Questions

    I'm thinking of changing to Unitrack and have some questions about how it will work. Hope some of you can help. 1. Since each length of track is one solid piece, how do create grades without having a sharp angle where two tracks join up? 2. Do the unitracks undo easily? Is a special tool...
  2. russell

    Preferred DCC Systems

    DoubleDaz wrote, When you do the installation, let us know how it went. :)
  3. russell

    Preferred DCC Systems

    I have a small HO layout and my power packs are an old MRC Tech II 1500 and an Atlas. I'm getting that itch to get DCC and so this thread has been very helpful. Still, I haven't reached launch level yet, still pondering. Thank you all for sharing your opinions and experience. It would be fun...
  4. russell

    CN F-3a project

    Your locomotive looks great and the photos are also excellent.
  5. russell

    Weekly Photo Fun 12-12/12-16

    Originally posted by Selector - great photo. The black & white makes it so retro and realistic.
  6. russell

    Some new power roaming the Rails

    Ted, Your photos are just great: beautiful scenery, sharp photos, and happy locomotives. They've found a good home. I too thought I'd seen some apes there for a second :D
  7. russell

    Couplers -which to get?

    Thank you all. Diburning wrote, Thanks for that. It was going to be my next question. Dougget suggested a transition car and that's what I did. I removed my Accumate on the locomotive and I removed an old coupler from one of my boxcars, installed a Kadee #5 and it worked. A happy camper :).
  8. russell

    WPH 11/18 to 11/25

    I enjoyed all the photos. It gives someone new like me the energy to try new things. And Josh I watched your YouTube video and found it helpful: the use of gauges, Aerosol up side down for cleaning, seeing how much paint you applied, all very helpful.
  9. russell

    Christmas card

    What a wonderful scene, and so well done. The snow looks so real. Thanks for sharing.
  10. russell

    Couplers -which to get?

    Intro: I’m new, but not really, to the hobby. About 25 years ago I had a simple layout for my teenage boys and a bit later for my daughter. When they moved on to other things, I packed it all up and put it away in boxes. Now I’m a grandfather and retired and so I’ve taken it all out again for...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top