Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    I am using all Atlas Code 83 turnouts. What gauge wire should i use for the Bus wires, Feeder wires and should they be solid core or braded wire.
  2. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    You think it would be necessary for a 16by4 layout the 16 feet is sorta far but i don't really know.
  3. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    And is it nessary to have a wire going around the whole track on both side to provide the power for the rails. It may be called a "bus" wire.
  4. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    Ok so i am getting the Bachmann E-Z control system and when i hook it to my Atlas Code 83 track which wire should go to which track (the wired both are the same color)?
  5. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    I just started soldering rail joints anybody have any pointers on doing it and how to not ruin the ties.
  6. Mike Nowakowski

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    I shure want to get me one of those.
  7. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    Do they make #5 switches.
  8. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    Whats the # of the switches that i should be using in a yard latter thats realistic to the real thing. I am going to use 6-axle locomotives and Atlas Code 83.
  9. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    Those simple to work and install.
  10. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    Where did you get the blue manual box thing. I like tortoise but just looking for cheaper.
  11. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    Ignore that last post. Based on what i have herd i am not going to use the Atlas switch controllers. Whats the best, cheapest, easiest to install, under the table switch machine it can be manual (remote lever operated) or automatic, thats not the tortoise or however thats spelled.
  12. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    How would you manage to wire it without the Atlas switch machine. And has anybody herd of those manual under the table switches that you control with a lever from the side of the table.
  13. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    Anybody ever use Atlas #65 Under Table Switch machine, and can you wire it other then with the Atlas Switch Controller, and can it reach through 1in of foam and 1/2 inch of roadbed, and is there such thing as a left hand or right hand under table switch machine from Atlas.
  14. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/woo/woost1461.htm Does anybody know if this can be flexed to form curves.
  15. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    I take it that latex caulk would be ok to secure track to foam roadbed.
  16. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    That picture is just one of the great ones on Railpictures.net in the Wyoming category. I wish i took that picture. Thanks for the help so far cant wait to get laying track. Anybody use super glue to secure foam roadbed to foam table.
  17. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    Well there not called "decoy" maby i should use "dummy" switch for ones that just sit there and replicate one. They look like this http://railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=305760&nseq=7 the gray boxes next to the switches.
  18. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    That little space from the wall is just enough for me to fit in. Thanks for the switch tips. And i have been looking for "decoy" remote switch machines like the ones found on the powder river basin any body found one. I am going to put an under table switch machine under each switch except in...
  19. Mike Nowakowski

    Where i am at

    I have the table (16ftby4ft) almost done i just need to caulk around the outside. I would like to represent a modern powder river coal basin, a UP and BNSF joint line its all coal. This is my first layout and i am just keeping it simple. I have many questions about HO because i am new to it. I...
  20. Mike Nowakowski

    24" radius

    I looked on the atlas website and they don't have 24" radius track or do they i don't know. And is there a gauge that sets the distance between two tracks, for double track operation.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top