Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Habbyguy

    What should I do with this room?

    So I went to another lumber yard and bought 25 8foot 1x4's for $43. I made sure I picked the best ones. So now the building begins. YA ME!!!
  2. Habbyguy

    What should I do with this room?

    Soap , right, got it.
  3. Habbyguy

    What should I do with this room?

    Thanks for the input guys. flyboy2610, the lumber stores here only sell top grade 1x4's that are inside. And yes I will screw the sections together. Should I predrill the holes first so the wood does not split? West Virginia Midland Man, getting wood from pallets are a great idea. Maybe I will...
  4. Habbyguy

    What should I do with this room?

    So what should I make the bench work out of? I read about using 1x4's. But after going to some lumber stores I found the wood to be $5.22 per 12' board and the 8' ones are $3.49. Then I saw the 2x3's going for $1.45 per 8'. For price wise I want to go with the 2x3's. Any thoughts on this?
  5. Habbyguy

    What should I do with this room?

    Opps my bad, I guess I forgot to say I am going to run HO. If I did not already have 7 engines and 50ish cars, I would do a N scale layout. Yes there is a window in the middle of the 93 X 36 section.
  6. Habbyguy

    What should I do with this room?

    Well that is what the kid inside me wants to do.:p
  7. Habbyguy

    What should I do with this room?

    I would like to have at least 2 loops, maybe 3 loops(if possible). I am DCC ready with a MRC Command 2000 with some hand-held controllers that I have had for years. But right now I just need to figure the best use of space in my empty room. All ideas are welcome. The room is 12' 7" X 9' 8"...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top