Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Habbyguy

    More ground throw

    The problem with those is they are not functioning. And I want to do my switches manually.
  2. Habbyguy

    More ground throw

    Sure the handle will look correct but the rest of the ground throw will not. So live with the incorrectness(if that is a word) or just use the high level switch stand ones that are more correct looking, like in the pic?
  3. Habbyguy

    More ground throw

    I have looked and can not find. Does anyone know if these ground throws are made?
  4. Habbyguy

    Are these HO scale?

    That is what I thought, but had to ask anyway. Thanks
  5. Habbyguy

    Are these HO scale?

    Does anyone know if these are HO scale. I saw them at Wal-mart.
  6. Habbyguy

    Keep or change this?

    Main line is done. And so far I am happy with it.
  7. Habbyguy

    Keep or change this?

    Well with more thinking, I elevated the track that is against the top and right wall 3 1/4 ". And also the siding is to high also to connect to the yard . So with that happened, I do not have any room for any reverse loops. Main line is already done so I am sticking to my plan. I will post some...
  8. Habbyguy

    Working with brass (progress pics)

    Subscribed. :)
  9. Habbyguy

    Checking my electronics math...

    Now you have to figure out what watt the resistor will be. Take your 14.2V X 0.02mA = 0.284. That is just over 1/4 watt so it would be safer to get 1/2 watt resistors.
  10. Habbyguy

    Keep or change this?

    No steam here, but great idea with 2 loco's facing opposite direction. Thanks
  11. Habbyguy

    Keep or change this?

    Is this better?
  12. Habbyguy

    Keep or change this?

    Do you guys and gals think I should keep or remove the reverse loops that are circled in red? I was kinda thinking of removing the smaller one so I could elevate the main line against the wall.
  13. Habbyguy

    Bridge help

    Ya one track and road will go underneath it. Found a great site on how to build it. http://www.cvmw.com/acrobat/1900_acrobat/1904_inst.pdf Thanks all.
  14. Habbyguy

    Bridge help

    So need a curved bridge on my layout. And want to do this kind of bridge. Does anyone know how high to make the walls? And should I do a one piece curved bridge or two straight bridges? There will be something to support the middle. Thanks
  15. Habbyguy

    Made some progress on the layout

    Cool idea, thumbs up to you for thinking outside of the box.
  16. Habbyguy

    Power Station all of a sudden stopped working

    The other down fall of the command 2000 is that you can only control up to 4 decoders with the hand-held controllers.
  17. Habbyguy

    Peco Switches

    Does this help? You have your input going to all the button switches at the control panel. Then three wires going from each button switch to each turnout motor.
  18. Habbyguy

    Peco Switches

    All I know is that the more switches you have, the more wires that are going to be under the layout.
  19. Habbyguy

    Power Station all of a sudden stopped working

    The hobby shop where I live said that NCE is not available in Canada and also that the MRC DCC systems are good systems. I guess that is his theory. Thanks for the reply. Its just I don't know when I will have enough money for a new system. I will use one command 2000 for the layout and the...
  20. Habbyguy

    Need help to plan layout

    Thanks for the heads up on the switch. I am still learning and appreciate all the help everyone. Did some tuning down. There was just too much track which I read is not always good. Plus gives me some room to do more buildings, mountains or other scenic stuff. I am hoping this is the...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top