Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. motor.jpg

    motor.jpg

  2. rollers.jpg

    rollers.jpg

  3. turntable1.jpg

    turntable1.jpg

  4. turntable2.jpg

    turntable2.jpg

  5. turntable3.jpg

    turntable3.jpg

  6. turntable4.jpg

    turntable4.jpg

  7. turntable5.jpg

    turntable5.jpg

  8. turntable6.jpg

    turntable6.jpg

  9. bridge_base3.jpg

    bridge_base3.jpg

  10. bridge_base2.jpg

    bridge_base2.jpg

  11. bridge_base1.jpg

    bridge_base1.jpg

  12. turntable_design.jpg

    turntable_design.jpg

  13. Turntable

    Turntable

    Scratchbuilding a Turntable
  14. plan.jpg

    plan.jpg

    Original plan made with xtrkcad in 2010, will undergo revisions due to the fact that the approach tracks are too close at the turntable edge.
  15. ikallio1

    Z scale layout in a Suitcase

    Omg! I have some Marklin Z-scale trains & track and having tried modeling buildings myself in that scale I have to take my hat off for you. Beautiful work! -ik
  16. ikallio1

    Scratchbuilding a turntable

    Oooo, code 70, that looks so nice! Are those approach tracks 8 or 9 degrees apart? That's one area where I have had a nagging doubt - my current design uses 6 degree spacing as in the prototype. I had a feeling the approach tracks would get a bit too close together given the diameter of the...
  17. ikallio1

    Scratchbuilding a turntable

    Finally had some time to tinker with the ATtiny13A. I was going to build a board with the ATtiny13A processor, Voltage regulator and motor driver / H-bridge chip. However I noticed that I can get ready made motor controller boards from Ebay for less than what I would have to pay for the...
  18. ikallio1

    Scratchbuilding a turntable

    Quick update - I started to dust off the project and realized I had "misappropriated" the Arduino for another project as well :-/ Oh well, that processor board was overkill for this project anyway. I have been tinkering with Atmel's lower end processors, the ATtiny series, in particular the...
  19. ikallio1

    Scratchbuilding a turntable

    boy I'm glad I started this build log, sure will make it easier to resume the project some day! The project is not dead by any means. I lost the H-bridge chip to another project, but that can be replaced easily enough. I hope to be able to get back to the project soon. -ik
  20. ikallio1

    Scratchbuilding a turntable

    Sorry for the long hiatus guys, been busy with other hobbies and family life, in general. I hope to be able to blow the dust off the project and post some more progress soon. -ik




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top