Recent content by willisjj

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. W

    30's Streamliners

    Great! Thanks, I will look into those!
  2. W

    30's Streamliners

    I am new so bear with me. All I can seem to find in N and HO are fairly modern sets (as far as Atlas and a couple of other companies I have looked at). What are my options as far as 30's era passenger train sets go? Do any of you run this era? Although my interest definately includes freight...
  3. W

    Streamliners

    I am new so bear with me. All I can seem to find in N and HO are fairly modern sets (as far as Atlas and a couple of other companies I have looked at). What are my options as far as 30's era passenger train sets go? Do any of you run this era? Although my interest definately includes freight...
  4. W

    Newby with some general questions..

    Thanks Z and Joe....great pics and love what you have going there. Definately feel better about running an HO. Hopefully this week sometime I can get that room cleaned out, although looks like I am working the next 6 or 7 nights and that doesn't leave much time for other stuff.....but need...
  5. W

    Newby with some general questions..

    Thanks Zoegraf. I hooked up with a member of a club here in Tulsa (by phone) and will be spending some time soon with them. I think that will give me a better idea of what I want to do and what scale I will want to use. They are Green Country Model Railroad Club (or something similar....just...
  6. W

    Newby with some general questions..

    Mine is good too Janry, I was only kidding about her.....
  7. W

    Newby with some general questions..

    She would be on to that one in a second LOL....I am already big into metal detecting which can get costly as well....luckily she is pretty supportive of all my hobbies!
  8. W

    Newby with some general questions..

    Thanks....I had been reading a lot about that one and although pricey up front, in the long run I doubt I would save any money due to the fact that I would eventually have to upgrade anyway....wow....any tips on keeping the wife out of the loop as far as hobby costs go? LOL
  9. W

    Newby with some general questions..

    Great info, thanks much! I do plan on starting small, but I have to look at the future....I would hate to start with HO and have plenty of room, only to find later that in order to expand significantly, I would need to switch over to N scale. I just don't know yet, there are pros and cons to...
  10. W

    Newby with some general questions..

    Hey everyone. Will be getting started in a month or two...I need that much time to educate myself on exactly what I want and need to get started. I have been reading many posts here and realize that any question I ask has probably been covered in the past....but....I have yet to find the...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top