ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
W
Ken I've been following along for a while. I wish I had this much room. Looking great so far and love the signal work. I started my 18 x 11 layout in 2003. I used L-Girder and use 1 x 4 and 1/2" plywood with 1" pink foam over that. After first winter I got a few places along the long walls...
-
W
I use .020 music wire to make "U". Make a Z bend in the bottom to adjust tension. Place legs in hole where track nail would go and hole in center of switch rod. If no hole in switch rod I drill a 1/16" hole smaller would be better but I don't have number drills less than 1/16. If switch is...
-
W
My mistake. I belonged to that other forum that kind of went away at the end of 2008. A lot of the members all came here in late 2008 and early 2009.
Sorry
Wayne
-
W
I just replyed to a post and it showed I have only made 6 posts. I know I don't post much but I've responed to post many times. The othe thing is it showed I joined on 01/17/2009. I've been a member here since dec of 2003 or 2004.
Wayne
-
W
The Zepher doesn't remember speed or direction when changing from one engine to another. I use mine as a base throttle for my yard and to program new engines. I bought a UT4 as a second throttle. This allows you to run 2 engines with different throttles or...
I have had 7 engines running...
-
W
You can program both decoders to the same address. The Digitrax decoders can be locked but I don't remember the CV. You lock one as 1 and the other as 2 then if you need to change CV settings in one of them you just unlock that decoder.
Wayne
-
W
SD45,GP40-2, and SD45 hauling coal
-
W
USArmy 1970-1973
Viet Nam 1971-1972
Michigan National Guard 1973-1975
-
W
A little heads-up on the new customline turnouts. I just started laying track on my new layout. I've got 64 turnouts on this one. I had bought 12 right hand #6 back in the late '80s just before I moved and packed everything away; these were new mark 2, the first ones made with metal frogs...
-
W
jason it's got to be their new switch. I built that layout in about 1975 with the old brass track and it all came out ok. I even used some Tyco track and switches back then. I rebuilt the layout with nickle silver track in the mid 80s and the switches were still the same. Those old snap...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)