Recent content by Vernon

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. V

    Internet controllable model RR!

    Just got back from a road trip. I am not really that concerned about marketing, I just did it for grins, but would be willing to build them if it proved popular. I get the part about people wrecking it and I have a toggle switch that lets me turn off the turnout power if accidents become a...
  2. V

    Internet controllable model RR!

    http://www.internetmodelrailroad.com/ Check it out - I think it is the only one currently operating. The layout is crude and is mostly used to test the software - but it will be replaced soon. If anybody is interested I will build you a control system. It runs two DCC locomotives (tested...
  3. V

    New DCC system

    Thanks ! I will keep working on it !
  4. V

    New DCC system

    DCC permits 127 addresses so it would be possible to control a large number of locomotives. I just thought that two would be enough for most people - I have one amp available so I could probably do 4 or 5 (N scale) with the existing H bridge and power supply. I believe there are boosters...
  5. V

    New DCC system

    I agree that it is certainly better to be there ! The idea is to share control with someone who, for one reason or another, can't be there. Like we know it is better to visit your cousin but, if you can't, his Facebook stuff might be interesting - as would controlling his Model RR from a...
  6. V

    New DCC system

    Are there starter sets with a web interface ? I am not aware of any. I am essentially an electronics person and just bought the DCC locomotive, track and etc on Ebay for this project. I did not have a prior interest in model RR. I have a real airplane and my hobby is actual flight. The...
  7. V

    New DCC system

    I just built a new DCC system for N scale using an HS12 microprocessor that drives a 754410 H bridge and that IC then drives the track. This board is packaged with a Mod 5270 Netburner board to provide both internet and local control. I attached files showing the track circuit board and the...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top