Recent content by traingeeks

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. T

    Thoughts on Walthers 5 Car Double Stack Set

    Any one out there that has the Walthers 5 Car Double Stack Set? How do you like it compared to the Kato Gunderson Maxi IV? Do the cars attach seperately or is it one big piece like the Deluxe? :confused:
  2. T

    N Scale MRC-1644

    Anyone have any issue with this decoder? I just bought 2 for the AC4400 and they run for about 10 secs then it acts like it shorts. A club member has the same issue. Are the decoders just crappy?
  3. T

    Boxcars with Opening Doors

    Which manufacturer makes boxcars with opening doors? MT or InterMountain?
  4. T

    Kato C44-9W and AC4400CW

    First instance Second instance
  5. T

    Kato C44-9W and AC4400CW

    I've read on some websites that decoders for these two types of locomotives are difficult to put in or have performance issues after installation. Is there any validity to their stories? The reason why I ask is because I am interested in purchasing these locos. Any input is much appreciated.
  6. T

    N Scale Sound

    Okay, back to square one. Which N scale locos do have a sound decoder. Sorry I am new. Would the Kato AC4400 have a decoder for it? Thanks guys for welcoming me into this great hobby. This guy on ebay has this one that has sound but with MRC decoder. Not sure if this is compatible with...
  7. T

    N Scale Sound

    Thanks Jim. Would I have to solder anything or this plug and play?
  8. T

    N Scale Sound

    Is there anything out there for my new Kato SD-80MAC's? This is N scale. I would like to know what I need for my Digitrax DCC system. Thanks.
  9. T

    Locomotive Camera's

    thanks guys!!!!:D
  10. T

    Locomotive Camera's

    Does any know the name of the manufacturer(s) that make these small cameras to be fitted on the n scale locomotives?
  11. T

    Help with Digitrax Decoder DN163K2 for Kato SD80MAC

    :mad: Man I fiddled with the decorder that works when assigning addresses for over 1 hour. I finally gave up. I will just don't get any response out of the loco. I even put back the factory decoder and assigned it to 00 and it work to verify the motor and contacts are good.
  12. T

    Help with Digitrax Decoder DN163K2 for Kato SD80MAC

    Zephyr - N Scale. I bought two decoders for my Kato SD80MAC and seem to have issues even though i followed instructions. One decoder writes the address and displays on my Zephyr but when i try to run the train nothing happens. No light or anything. The second decoder I installed and...
  13. T

    Switches

    Ok, the rookie question. Examples of how both would be used.
  14. T

    Switches

    Whats the difference between a single pole, double throw; and a double pole, double throw?
  15. T

    Insulfrog Vs. Electrofrog

    Ok, now this make sense. THANK YOU ALL for your postings. I just have to think like electricity. This is such a cool hobby, much to learn.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top