Recent content by tppytel

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. T

    Some basic sound and DCC questions

    Those are exactly the things I needed to know. Thank you!
  2. T

    Some basic sound and DCC questions

    Besides looking for a family train (in my Xmas train thread), I'm also considering getting into the hobby for myself and am trying to get an understanding of the huge world of stuff out there. At the moment, I have some questions about DCC and sound capability... DCC - I understand what it...
  3. T

    Newbie needs a Xmas train with a future

    Are you sure? The references I'm looking at say G gauge is 45mm and standard gauge HO is 16.5mm. It's not the cost so much as the space required by structures that I'm considering. I remember we had a station or some similar structure for our O scale set. It was decent-sized, but not so big...
  4. T

    Newbie needs a Xmas train with a future

    Great comments all around. Thanks. Oh, no doubt. I'm actually not very keen on candy cane trains and the like. While I don't plan on lecturing my two-year olds about railroad history, I'd much prefer that they connect to the real world as much as is appropriate. Good point. I'll take the...
  5. T

    Newbie needs a Xmas train with a future

    Hi all! Probably like a lot of you, when I was a kid we had an O scale Lionel train running around the tree during the holidays. Despite the fact that it was (even to my 7-year old self) a cheap set that ran poorly, I always loved setting it up and operating it. So of course I'd like to start my...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top