Recent content by tnelson

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. T

    New 4x8 Layout

    eight i believe
  2. T

    New 4x8 Layout

    Those look pretty good. I am not going to build a spur for the elevated to the lower layout i don't think. I am going to build a trolley line however.
  3. T

    New 4x8 Layout

  4. T

    New 4x8 Layout

    I took my first two layouts down because I needed the space. I have a few model railroading books already; and I subscribe to model railroader.
  5. T

    New 4x8 Layout

    Thanks for the good input guys. Mind you; this isn't going to be the most realistic layout ever :) OBVIOUSLY . When I thought of this layout; I knew i wanted two things. I wanted a completely elevated track and I wanted the ability to run four or five main lines. I elevated it so high...
  6. T

    New 4x8 Layout

    Thanks for the good input guys. I am actually doing a 4-5 % grade. The spur will be much longer than on the drawing. I just did that in paint as I was headed out the door; just was to give you guys an idea of what I was doing.
  7. T

    New 4x8 Layout

    like this...forget the lack of artwork.
  8. T

    New 4x8 Layout

    HI guys. This is what I have done so far. I want to get started on the spurs to connect the elevated ovals to the lower
  9. T

    New 4x8 Layout

    Yah it's off a little bit.
  10. T

    New 4x8 Layout

    Pretty much. I did a simple setup. This is my old layout during construction and minus the turn table.
  11. T

    New 4x8 Layout

    and it's not THAT high. I was just testing with a block of wood. I cut a bunch of 4 inch dowels to support it.
  12. T

    New 4x8 Layout

    LOL Lets hope that doesn't happen
  13. T

    New 4x8 Layout

    Oh ok..I understand now; This is what I was trying to accomplish more or less
  14. T

    New 4x8 Layout

    Well. I just started / finished my table last night. Has to fit on a 4x8 So a 24" diameter oval will fit? The outer ovals will be 6 inches elevated so I don't mind if it has to hang off the side a little bit.
  15. T

    New 4x8 Layout

    Good Morning guys. I am just starting my third HO 4x8 Layout. I wanted to ask; is a 24" diameter outer oval too wide for a 4x8? I think the largest I've had was 22" I would like to have two elevated outer 24" and 22" ovals. What do you think?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top