Recent content by therealdeal753

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. T

    4 X 8 Help!

    I also am in the midst of planning my layout, I decided instead of going with a 4x8 sheet of plywood, to go with a shelf style with operations in the middle. That way I'm maximizing my space and turn radius. Very similar to what the 'Layout Vision' has designed on ratled's first link.
  2. T

    First Time Layout

    Here is another drawing of what I had envisioned for the layout so the space is maximized. I will continue to work on the computer to get a digital copy and get the Radius's correct.
  3. T

    First Time Layout

    Hey all, sorry about the delayed response... thats what happens during the holiday. Well, after more research and thinking about what I should do with the space I have available. I have decided much like what you all suggested was to go with a layout that utilizes the space better than just a...
  4. T

    First Time Layout

    Hey all, Thanks a lot for the input, definitely a lot of information that definitely helps me go in the right direction. The room that I am putting this in, is a fairly large room that is above the garage. My wife and I currently don't go up there very often, it is where her sewing stuff is...
  5. T

    First Time Layout

    Hey all, thanks in advance for you help/suggestions. This would be my first layout, and although I have been interested in model railroading for a while, I have just now taken the plunge. My dad is really into trains, and although he has dozens of locomotives and collectibles, he hasn't built...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top