ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
S
Just got an email from Mark......Scratch built. Yikes
Maybe I might need some pics Nmaniac!
-
S
no need unless for your own enjoyment.
I'm gonna email the pres of the club and see if I can get some info.
Thanks again!
-
S
yep mike
Interstate from walthers.....got it.
Now looking for the platform....I'm gonna email those guys at ranier and find out what exactly it is....As usual this forum is the best
Thanks all and keep the ideas coming.
-
S
found this last night
http://www.traincat2.com/
-
S
Does this look scratch built to you?
Looks like a kit to me but what kit?
I need one or two of these to complete my fuel yard.
Any ideas or help appreciated
Oh....Its in N scale
-
-
S
I bought a life-like geep second hand and its since took a dump on me. It pushes but won't pull. I assume its gearing. Anyway...The guy at hobbytown said I could send it to Walthers and they would fix or replace the guts. Is there any truth to this or does anyone have any experience with this...
-
S
Hmmm... The electrified fingernail file method sounds easier tho.
I guess thats what he used or at least I envisioned it that way.
I have this WM BL-2 thats just noisey as hell but I really like it.
-
S
Ok....I've looked everywhere for the thread and I can't find it.
There was a member that attached DC leads to metal files and ran his
"pizza cutter" loco wheels on em for a bit and made them work
on code 55 without rubbing the spike heads. Anybody remember that thread?
-
S
Kadee seems to only do HO and other larger scales for couplers. I would just as soon use MTL trucks and couplers (the old kadee) but from what I understand they ALL (old and new) still will rub on Atlas code 55. Is this correct?
-
S
Whatever you do...stay away from Model Power stuff. I was in the same boat. Not much out there to feel touch and fondel. And I hate to buy that kinda stuff on-line (as if there is alot of powered crossings available). My 4 tear old wanted the ding ding ding thing and I figured it would be a...
-
S
Ok...With that in mind.
If I buy some truck and coupler assemblys from Atlas (accumate), will they be low profile wheels or regular pizza cutter type wheels. I need to switch out some Rapidos on a few Atlas cars. Oh and while I'm at it....Does bachman evem make complete truck and coupler...
-
S
I need to get some low profile wheel sets for code 55 track that won't
rub the spike heads. I've decided to go with Fox Valley.
My question is....How to measure the actual axles so I know which wheels to buy. I have a metric/SAE caliper but I'm a little confused on which points I am supposed...
-
S
Thanks all for your comments.....helpful indeed. I wanted to stay away from gray but it looks as if I will end up with it anyways for realism.
-
S
I'm modeling a railroad somewhere in the Pittsburgh Junction part of Ohio circa 1959. I got some WS brown fine ballast but it doesn't seem to look right. Should I be using gray or even black? The brown looks to me like soil. Its a great color tho. Any advice pics or ideas welcome. Thanks in...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)