ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
Thanks Guys!!!!
Thanks Jim & Rex!! I MAY have found a 4-8-2, but if that falls through, at least now I have a back up plan! Thanks again for the help!
-
I would like to get a HO scale SP 4-8-2, but haven't been able to find one. I was thinking about buying a Bachmann 2-8-4 Berkshire (DCC equip.for power/no sound), and a Bachmann SP tender (DCC ready), and swapping tenders. I have no idea if this is a good idea (or a really bad one). Could I...
-
-
Has anyone ever tried using small battery powered LED lights for their crossing signals? I was hoping to avoid any more wiring to my layout, and thought just maybe there was a way to put some of these little LED's to work.
-
Thanks for the suggestions Jim. I ended up just taking out the cab interior and putting them there. I will also be using your link to buy a spkr for one of my SD40's, so thanks for the recommendation too.
-
Where To Put Speaker In Athearn Switcher
OK, I'm at my wits end trying to get the shell back on my Athearn Genesis switcher. Has anyone had any luck installing a Digitrax Soundbug SFX004 into a MP15AC switcher? (I'm using a Digitrax DH165A0 decoder) I've tried everything and cannot find a way...
-
As always, great feedback! I went ahead and shrink tubed all joints. Thanks!!!!
-
I'm installing a Digitrax Soundbug SFX004 into an Athearn Genesis MP15AC using a Digitrax DH165A0 decoder (2nd time around, I fried the 1st). Could anybody help me with where to safely mount the capacitor? Also, does anybody have any helpful hints as far as making sure that no shorts occur?
-
Thanks Jim. I did try to insulate everything as good as possible, BUT there was a white wire (probably an unused wire like you mentioned) that I did not know what to do with. I will also verify that all wires are going where they should be. I appreciate the help!
-
Apparently you're NOT supposed to see a bright white light and smell a nice burnt aroma when installing a sound decoder? I recently fried a Digitrax SFX004 decoder while trying to wire it in my Genesis MP15AC to a Dig. DH16A50 decoder. Can anyone tell me some of the reasons this would happen...
-
How do you like your Tsunami? The locos I'm hoping to use are a SP GP35 (ATH97122) & a SP SD40 (ATH93552). I think they're both DCC Quick Plug equipped (if that helps).
-
I FINALLY finished my HO layout:D:,but I would like to add sound. I have mostly Athearn diesels, and was hoping to find a decoder with sound for them. Does anyone know if there is a decoder (with sound) that is all plug n play (inc. speakers)? I was looking into the Soundtraxx DSD-101LC, but...
-
A tip of the old hat to all you guys!
Many Thanks!
Brandon
__________________________________________
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
-
Ah ha. Got it! I guess I forgot to add one final question. Is there a way to get power to your track, without soldering?
Thanks Again
-
I'm just about finished laying track on my layout, and I'm trying to figure out a wiring question (probably a real basic one). Is there any advantage to using Atlas terminal track vs Atlas terminal joiners? It's a 4 x 8' HO DCC layout, with Atals code 83 track. I plan on using the NCE Power...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)