Recent content by skeetley

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. S

    My first layout

    Thanks Jim and Chip. It is comments like these that are proving useful to me in avoiding making mistakes during my planning process.
  2. S

    My first layout

    What do you gurus think of this layout: http://members.cox.net/teb863/NScale/NSWB-Features.htm and then adding on a couple sidings on the front (like the top of: http://www.naisp.net/mfischer/Trkplans/78x30_16.gif) to make it 48" wide from the 40" it is?
  3. S

    My first layout

    Thanks for the post, picture and link Chip. I have looked at it all and I will continue to refine my plans during this most crucial part of my layout.
  4. S

    My first layout

    Thanks Jim. I am coming to the same conclusion... What about the layout shown below? http://www.trainsetsonly.com/page/TSO/PROD/150-N18 http://www.atlasrr.com/Code80/pages/11018.htm http://www.layoutdepot.com/designs.ihtml?step=3&fid=78&scale=N The last one is 4x8 which I might...
  5. S

    My first layout

    So if I wanted to run an 89' car on that layout, would it work (without derailing) on anything other than the outside 22" curve?
  6. S

    My first layout

    Hi everyone. I have been reading the posts before me and I have to wonder if maybe I should give up the HO dream and go N scale as I only have room for an 4' x 8' layout... After looking through books and websites I found this track plan http://www.thortrains.net/4holay4.html (bottom right) to...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top