Recent content by sackohammers

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. S

    FORD Auto Module

    This looks really great. Being a Michigan native, I can say this reminds me of home. Have you thought about actuating those gates? Might not be your cup of tea, but here is a post from a guy "Wolfgang Dudler" that shows how he detailed his fencing and created an actuator to operate the...
  2. S

    Reconfigurable track benchwork?

    Depends a little on the type of track you're using. UniTrack is designed to be easily put together, taken apart, and reconfigured. You can also use low-temp glue gun to secure it down... although you might not want to try that on foam. For regular track... just use "T" pins. Also called...
  3. S

    benchwork question

    I'm building a 5X10 tabletop with 3/4 inch baltic birch plywood top. Then I'm using anywhere between 1 inch and 4 inches of foam on top (depending on where you are on the layout). I would go at least 1/2 inch ply, then foam. 2x4s are way overkill for framing. See if you can locate some 1X4...
  4. S

    Blueline Paragon upgrade?

    I was looking at a model that they do not offer in Paragon, only Blueline. Is it much trouble to replace the decoder with something like a locsound? I like the Blueline, but I need to have DCC with sound.
  5. S

    Wanted Chessie System HO SD40-'s

    These guys have them: http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/
  6. S

    Switcher SW8 (Checker Cab Company)

    Thanks again, thats a great shot! Yeah, Checker has been having problems in the last few years with the slower automotive sales. They stamp parts for GM (and in the past other manufacturers as well - I think). They did pretty good business in the 80's when they bought that switcher. Things...
  7. S

    Switcher SW8 (Checker Cab Company)

    Thanks again. I have seen a few with DCC already installed on some websites... but these websites look old and I will have to call around a little to see who is still in business... and if they actually have the inventory listed. If I do get one of these, what is the procedure for...
  8. S

    Switcher SW8 (Checker Cab Company)

    I'm having a hard time just finding an undecorated one to work with.
  9. S

    Switcher SW8 (Checker Cab Company)

    Hello, I am interested in modeling the SW8 in the attached picture... I got to take a ride in the cab and take a stab at the controls back in the 1980s. I thought it would be fun to have one. Where would I get started? I see on ebay there are a few SW8s offered by Proto2000. Can't find any...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top