Recent content by Ryan Kieser

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. R

    DCC and PECO Insulfrog switches

    Thanks, that makes sense. I had my test wires on one of my yard tracks, so should probably wire my mainline? Thanks for the help, now that I am laying track, is no longer as easy as it seems, but determined to get this right.
  2. R

    DCC and PECO Insulfrog switches

    Hi Sorry, stupid question, but new at this. I just finished laying my yard, using PECO Insulfrog switches and have connected my two dcc wires just to test the connections. I only get power on the "aligned track", shop I bought them at said both tracks would be live at all times. A bit...
  3. R

    Help needed with roadbed

    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, going to run down to the garage and start laying roadbed, been dying to start this for years now, so seriously excited. Cheers Ryan
  4. R

    Help needed with roadbed

    Hi, hope this is the correct subforum I am laying track for the first time and using the Woodlands Scenic roadbed. Can I glue this to my board with normal white wood glue, or do I have to use the Woodlands Scenic tack glue? Thanks Ryan
  5. R

    gp 40-2 which brand

    Hi, as an update, my Atlas GP 40-2, CSX came in yesterday, it looks fantastic, now just waiting for my DCC setup. Bought all my track and pre-cut lumber is coming in this morning, taken some leave to start on the benchwork. Cheers Ryan
  6. R

    gp 40-2 which brand

    Thanks guys, appreciate the input, going to order the Atlas this weekend, cannot wait to get it, my first loco, will post a photo. Cheers Ryan
  7. R

    gp 40-2 which brand

    Hi guys, as a complete newbie, I need some guidance. I need to make my first loco purchase, and have been looking at Kato and Atlas, think I have settled on the Atlas GP 40-2, the Master Line Gold Series. Wanted some guidance on whether or not this was a good choice in terms of quality and...
  8. R

    Hello from South Africa

    Hi, my name's Ryan, 42 years old from Cape Town, South Africa. I have spent many years reading up on the hobby and playing around with Marklin. I finally have the space and time to start an "American" layout, so now in the serious planning phase and hoping to learn a lot on this forum...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top