Recent content by Roodog

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Roodog

    spackle road question

    Same problem here. Hard to try something on-the-cheap when you have to pay shipping and handling, so I went with what was locally available.
  2. Roodog

    spackle road question

    I'd originally considered Rustoleum or more likely one of Model Masters' grays, and was actually geared for that using the properly-sized foamboard, to scale width. I was going to spray it outside, then transfer it in and use foam-safe caulk to glue it down. But doing it the way I did allowed...
  3. Roodog

    spackle road question

    Wow that was a long reply!
  4. Roodog

    spackle road question

    Mixing in the colors is just to get the right shade you are after. Start small, and maybe write down an aproximate amount of color used. Remember, the spackle is white so it takes a little, then a little more, them a little more, then some more, to get things as dark as you may want, then you...
  5. Roodog

    spackle road question

    okee dokie. Heck with the wash, airbrush it is!
  6. Roodog

    spackle road question

    Okay, nothing there. My test sample yielded nothing spectacular, except it slightly softened the paint/spackle mix for a few hours. It will always be a victim of the fingernail test I guess. If/when that happens it makes potholes to fill, which is one of the reasons I went that route (the...
  7. Roodog

    spackle road question

    Hey all. Made my main drag mixing cheap acrylic craftstore paint in with light spackle and it turned out great for both my concrete and asphalt grade crossing. Now I need to weather it. To give some variation as on real roads, and then using an airbrush for the center darker areas, my plan...
  8. Roodog

    Track compatibilty

    PS is Precision Scale. http://www.precisionscaleco.com/ Look under 'Misc' then track then HO. They have straight flex and curved elevated flex. Found out about it from another board, where there were some pics of it posted. Lost that link though.
  9. Roodog

    reset a decoder to factory

    How exactly do you find out what decoder you have? Looked through everything I have that was sent with the loco and find nothing. If I can do it on the controller (Lentz LH100) then I have no idea how. If anyone can answer that here, then I wont have to start a thread asking it ;) But for...
  10. Roodog

    reset a decoder to factory

    Nope that didn't do it either. My hunt continues.
  11. Roodog

    reset a decoder to factory

    33 on CV8 didn't do it for me, but I found this: http://www.bachmann.co.uk/pdfs/DCC_onboard_general.pdf which says 8 on CV8. Going to try it, since I somehow managed to turn off my headlight and brake squeals!
  12. Roodog

    Track compatibilty

    I'd heard good things about ME's turnouts but wasn't aware they were spring-loaded. Their DCC abilty is a selling point for sure if/when I go that route. Still the question of rail-height compatibility, and I'm intrigued that PS has pre-superelevated flex.. Anyone use it? Easier just to...
  13. Roodog

    Track compatibilty

    Need info to make a decision.. Looking at using Precision Scale or Micro-Engineering code 83 flex, and am planning #6 turnouts, also from ME (does PS make them???). Would the two brands work and look ok together, or are the rails a little off in height, etc. Would ME's turnout work with...
  14. Roodog

    Heavyweight Lighting Questions

    I've seen a kit online by Walthers for installing one, but know/can't find ziltch about it. Comes in a DC or DCC version, with bulbs. I have two Branchline Heavyweights that I'd love to put lights in, and there are no known light kits out there specific to them (I even emailed Branchline and...
  15. Roodog

    Lenz Set 100

    That is exactlywhat I needed to know, and those prices are about right. Thanks Jim.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top