ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
R
Thanks!!
Guys, thanks for all your help and advice. You can count on me asking more questions if I run into problems (and knowing myself, you might be hearing from me sooner rather than later). :p
Cheers,
Rod
-
R
Thanks for that info on the lights.
I will check out my local train shop to see what they have on the subject. In the meanwhile, does anyone have a link to resources online? I have no clue as to how to do this.
-
R
Thanks guys. Well I'm still in the process of hooking up more lights (I have a ton of lights), so I'm going to get the wart today at radio shack.
Even with the addition of additional lights, is the toggle switch still too much? I've been looking at the various power supplies and I noticed...
-
R
Thanks for the response. Here is what is listed on my transformer:
Input: 120VAC 50/60 OHZ
Output: Open Circuit 18VAC / 16VDC
7 VA Max Output and 18 V AC
Can I still use the 12Volt Wall Wart plugin?
Sorry if my questions are a little off the wall. Like I said, I'm a newbie and the...
-
R
Thanks Ron. I sent you an e-mail.
-
R
Will,
Would perhaps a better transformer (with more power), and one with its own on/off switch help? I just assume there are transformers out there like this right? I figure the transformer I'm using is the basic, right?
Lastly, I've seen various places listings for 30 watt and 80 watt...
-
R
Will,
Thanks for responding.
What you says makes sense, however I'm still trying to make sense of things so please bare with me.
If I leave the switch "on" and then plug in the transformer, are you saying that I should be able to turn the switch on/off without tripping the internal...
-
R
Pics of the project, toggle switch box and transformer.
-
R
Hi Guys,
I'm new to model railroading and to this forum. Here is my question.
I am building a wall train in my kids room. (see pics). It's a work in progress I know, but anyways, I have wired a bunch of lamppost and building lights around the tracks I have up thus far (est. 10-12 lights...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)