Recent content by quietstorm454

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Q

    Weekly Photo Fun 4-2/4-8

    Yes, I used fine point sharpies on the centerflow. I bought a 5 or 6 pack at walmart for like 6 bucks. Hamltn, yeah, i wasnt too happy with the flash, it wasnt coming out good either way with it on or off. When I build my layout, it will have good lighting above it. I want the pics to look...
  2. Q

    Weekly Photo Fun 4-2/4-8

    I totally agree. Maybe what I said shouldnt have came out so harsh towards the gentleman. If the drinks are on you, then I am there! LOL heres some pics to add to the WPF! Apologies to ol' three railer Laidoffsick and the rest of the members who had to hear me rant. I just felt like if jeffrey...
  3. Q

    Weekly Photo Fun 4-2/4-8

    You're absolutely right, these rivet counters need to go work for the actual railroad. Model railroading is supposed to be a hobby. A hobby is supposed to be fun and to keep someone busy in the free time. If Jeff wishes to weather his cars the way he does, I see nothing wrong in that...
  4. Q

    N Scale C40-9Ws?

    http://www.blwnscale.com/Kato%20C44-9W.htm heres an undecorated version of the dash 9 for sale. I havent seen too many of these around.
  5. Q

    N Scale C40-9Ws?

    no, decals for the unibrow or white face. Best decals hands down for accuracy are shellscale. Especially number board wise. I built a GP38 high hood, RP E4D and RP E4C slugs to go with the GP38. I will be using Shellscale for the numberboards on these units and then when I get my Kato Dash 9 I...
  6. Q

    N Scale C40-9Ws?

    http://www.mark4design.com/html/n_cabs___short_hoods.html midway through, you will see dash 9 kato. 22.00. also try http://www.shellscale.com/ for decals
  7. Q

    N Scale C40-9Ws?

    Yes, there is a correct cab made by mark4design for the kato dash 9 specifically for the NS C40's. ill post the link for you here. the price is usd and shipping is 8 dollar international. hes from new zealand or austrailia, I forgot which one.
  8. Q

    Let's see your police/fire scenes

    Love the jail scene, being that I was a county sheriff's correction officer for 3 years until my lay off of last year. Hoping the next three weeks will be good. I have test after test to take for different depts!
  9. Q

    Kato SD 70 M - What are the extra parts?

    Yeah, rear mu's are also included. I forgot to list them. I used my rear mu's for other projects. lol
  10. Q

    Coal operation

    How bout maybe a power plant that is served by coal. Have some modern 6 axle power deliver it. Use an older switcher from the transition days as the plants engine that moves the cars into the plant for unloading. MRR had a nice HO scale plant in the current issue. I am an n scaler, i will be...
  11. Q

    Kato SD 70 M - What are the extra parts?

    the parts extra would be handrails that attach the step ups to the cab and numberboards. Also have long shank couplers. I have 2 sd70m's.
  12. Q

    N scale Loco Shells

    I contacted Atlas for N scale shells. I recently purchased an atlas gp38. They were very helpful through emails since i am making a Norfolk Southern High Hood diesel. The parts were marked for gp38/40/40-2. I also bought a few lil details to add to the engine from them. They have a minimum order...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top