PeteT

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


57 year old married guy who still "plays with trains"

I originaly started modelling British steam in OO scale but in all the years of trying, I could never find a British locomotive capable of consistent smooth, slow speed running. My latest purchases of British model were totally unreliable with over 70% failure rate withing 2 years of purchase from new.

Changed to American HO diesels approximately 5 years ago.
I have purchased locomotives and rolling stock by Atlas & Athearn. The Atlas locomotives are faultless runners. The two Athearn locos did have some initial "teething problems", one easily repaired by myself, the other by a new motor supplied by Athearn under warranty. Since then, both have performed excellently.

I am very impressed by the quality of both firms products.

I am looking forward to learning a lot from everyone here and I hope I may be of assistance to some of you too

Model Railroading. Playing in Band
Location
Jindera NSW Australia
Occupation
Electronics Technician

Trophies

  1. 1

    First Message

    Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top