Recent content by pdx650

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    minimum switch frog radius number for 4-8-4?

    thank you for all your helpful responses!
  2. P

    minimum switch frog radius number for 4-8-4?

    thanks for the reply.... Also, I know my bachmann daylight 4-8-4 (5449), can not do an 18" radius curve. Question is as long as I make the turn after the number 4 switch into a 22" minmum turn...will the 484 still make that #4 successful?
  3. P

    minimum switch frog radius number for 4-8-4?

    What is the minimum frog number for a 4-8-4? I think a #4 frog turns into an 18" radius turn, but can the #4 frog on a switch be used safely (without derailments) on a 4-8-4? Or should I go up to a #6 for a good rule of thumb for minimum frog number? anybody?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top