Recent content by Pant O'Graff

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    Ho sw7

    Athearn's "SW-7" model ran great, even the old ones with the silver motors and silver flywheels with proper tune up, cleaning and lube. There have been countless articles both in print and online on how to accomplish this. The only possible exception is a bad motor, which you, then, of course...
  2. P

    Turbine 671/2020/681 and Williams

    Currently on the lookout for a turbine. I have not previously considered Williams new item for various reasons, among them having owned a 681 iirc when I was a kid. Any reviews on these, or better yet, first hand experience? Thanks- Mike
  3. P

    Any help for the Roco?ConCor E7 E8 E9??

    These have always been great pullers but noisy. I remember 20 years ago being told to put toothpaste on the gears (then run it some , clean out the toothpaste, and) the gears would mesh better and quiet down. Anybody other fixes? If I can't quiet them down they'll be demotored or decomissioned...
  4. P

    wheel upgrade for 70's atlas boxcars

    Well, it's settled then: new metal trucks. Yeah, the old 70's ones are pretty chunky. Thx- Mike
  5. P

    wheel upgrade for 70's atlas boxcars

    Hi- Who has found replacement wheels/trucks for vintage Atlas rolling stock? I know Weaver and Atlas and some others make them, wonder about where to purchase? Your experience? Thanks- Mike




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top