Recent content by P&W

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    RR based songs.... change of pace....

    what I can think of that I don't see.... "Ride That Hummingbird" - Ricky Skaggs (L&N Passenger Train) "Tennessee Central (Number 9) - Ferlin Husky "Better Off In A Pine Box (on a slow train back to Georgia)" - Doug Stone anything by Boxcar Willie
  2. P

    Simulating rail joints...

    It is a popular brand of permanent "magic marker". They are the marker of choice for autographs for example. Here is their website... http://www.sharpie.com/GlobalLanding.aspx
  3. P

    Con-Car Pass. Cars, converting couplers.

    Yep, sorry, should have put that in there. They are knuckles compatable with Kadee and such.
  4. P

    Con-Car Pass. Cars, converting couplers.

    Another Coupler Option Another option you may consider for couplers is some that McHenry makes specifically for these cars. They attach the same way the factory ones attach. I have theirs on all of my Con-Cor / IHC passenger cars.
  5. P

    Athearn handrails and stanchions

    Handrails Ditto on ebay. I have a saved search for the roadnames I collect, and I see handrails come up in there. Like they say, if you don't see it at first, keep checking - it will come up sooner or later. You may have to get a color you don't want, but they are easy enough to paint. Good...
  6. P

    Athearn Big Boy

    Sorry for the late response; I've been away for a bit. Thanks for the replies. Yep, I was talking about HO. How hard was it to remotor the Bowser? The Rivarossi is pretty strong, but it's pretty noisy too. Would it be a pain in the neck to DCC? I can't go the $700 or so for...
  7. P

    Athearn Big Boy

    Just wondering what the opinions are out there about the Athearn Big Boys? I did some searching, but nothing came up about these. I'm tossing around the idea of getting one to have a "newer" version (I have an old Rivarossi) and I wanted to educate myself a little more. Thanks!
  8. P

    Show Us Your Shops / Servicing Facilities

    I have always liked the garden railroads, but I've also been curious to them. Are they a pain to maintain with weather and critters? Great looking stuff you have also!
  9. P

    Show Us Your Shops / Servicing Facilities

    Wow! Awesome. Keep us posted. I'm loving all this! Good stuff!
  10. P

    soldering track

    I do a good bit of welding and soldering; not much brazing. Anyway, I've had good luck soldering like this. I put the flux on first and then heat it so the flux flows into the joint. Then I get a little dab of solder on the tip of the iron and put it at the joint and heat it. The flux will...
  11. P

    Dulux Gold Stripes

    Hello, I am having a little trouble finding Dulux Gold stripe decals. I gather they are out of production I guess. I am needing some about 3/32" or 1/16". Does anyone have any ideas on where I could check? I need about 40 total inches. Thanks!
  12. P

    Question about flex track and track connectors

    I don't mind some of the clacking, afterall the real ones do it. I don't have a layout now, but, on my 2nd one growing up, I actually staggered some of the joints to get some clacking.
  13. P

    Show Us Your Shops / Servicing Facilities

    Rico / Larry....WOW! Nice stuff. Everyone has some nice stuff! Even the photos are great! Keep 'em coming! Thanks for replying!
  14. P

    Show Us Your Shops / Servicing Facilities

    Yep, I was talking about the "concrete" area.
  15. P

    Show Us Your Shops / Servicing Facilities

    Drew - What did you use between the tracks to build up the "ground"?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top