Recent content by onequiknova

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. onequiknova

    RPM Naperville 2012 pics

    Thanks for posting these Efram. I forgot my camera at home, and as you stated, there was very little coverage of this event. I built the CB&Q E9, brass steam engine, RI AB6 and the bilevel commuter car. John
  2. onequiknova

    What loco is this?

    Here you go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldwin_60000
  3. onequiknova

    E-5 and E-6 What's the difference?

    In order to turn an E6 into an accurate E5 you will need to do the following. First and fore most is to add the budd style fluteing to the lower portion of the sides. You can buy this from Union Station Products. The windows, or port holes, on the side of the E5's were shorter than the E6's...
  4. onequiknova

    What can ya tell me about this GP9

    It's looks like a Front Range shell and chassis. John.
  5. onequiknova

    show on junk trains tonight

    My power went out about ten minutes into the show. I hope I can catch it next time.
  6. onequiknova

    Can anyone identify this caboose kit

    It looks like the LaBelle kit HO-44 for a C.M. & St.P. Caboose. http://www.labellemodels.com/dhof.htm#top John
  7. onequiknova

    Saying Howdy and Looking for a Little Advice

    Hmm, having only worked with brass steam, I hadn't thought of it not working with Bowser drivers. Sorry bout that. I have found that it works with most brass drivers with the bearings installed though. Good to know you figured it out anyway. John.
  8. onequiknova

    Who makes an SD7/9 in HO for the SP

    It looks like a Proto 2000. 19 bucks is a great deal. How does it run?
  9. onequiknova

    Proto 2000 Engine running sluggish, any help?

    I agree the Athern F7 is older than that, but in the 50's it was under the name Globe, wasn't it? He's right about the BL2 though. Check this out... http://index.mrmag.com/tm.exe?opt=S&cmdtext=BL2&MAG=ANY Look at the explosion of BL2 detailing/review articles at the end of 1989. I...
  10. onequiknova

    Proto 2000 Engine running sluggish, any help?

    Actually, the Proto 2000 BL2 was introduced in 1989 according to this. http://www.hosam.com/model/modate.html John.
  11. onequiknova

    Detailing a Kato EJ&E SD38-2

    That makes sence, but how many more railroads do they own? They all ready sold B&LE, DM&IR and EJ&E to the CN.
  12. onequiknova

    Who makes an SD7/9 in HO for the SP

    They look like detailed and custom painted Proto's to me. John.
  13. onequiknova

    Detailing a Kato EJ&E SD38-2

    The demise of The "J" is indeed sad. Is CN getting rid if the 38's, or just painting them?
  14. onequiknova

    Detailing a Kato EJ&E SD38-2

    Looks good. How is the paint on yours? I have a couple of the EJ&E 38's still sitting in the boxes from when they first came out. Mine have some coverage problems with the orange paint. Nothing a little weathering wouldn't fix though. John
  15. onequiknova

    Proto 2000 Engine running sluggish, any help?

    The thick grease used to lubricate the trucks may have thickened over time causing the slugish performance. This is more common with the older Proto engines, but might be worth a look.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top